F*CK YOU MTV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So I was watching MTV earlier today (something which I should just stop doing since it always pisses me off). They had this "Grammy Hangover" program on talking about the Grammys (duh). So one of their subjects was "What's up with U2?". They showed people's emails that said: "I don't even know why U2 was nominated, are they even that good?" and "I don't think U2 should have been nominated for best pop song. *NSYNC was ROBBED!." Of course I wanted to beat them up for this, but stupid MTV showing me again how much they suck show Bono talking and making an ass of himself then cut to stupid ass Justin Timberlake saying "Stop making music U2, you'll always beat us!". I hate MTV, one minute they talk about how great U2 (or any band really) is, then they rip them down. I award the first annual award of hipocrasy to MTV.

------------------
*Proud owner, maker, and baker of THE U2 cookies*

Originally posted by Lilly:
...then cut to stupid ass Justin Timberlake saying "Stop making music U2, you'll always beat us!"

its a very respectful compliment

MTV is really not worth watching anymore, they really have gone down over here and in Europe..the sister channel MTV2 is so much better..big thumbs up for MTV2

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 03-02-2002).]

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
MTV is really not worth watching anymore, they really have gone down over here and in Europe..the sister channel MTV2 is so much better..big thumbs up for MTV2

2 thumbs up!
smile.gif

Hah! That's why I don't watch that blasted station. Instead I watch muchmusic to escape the crap talk. What can I say except MTV is a station that tries to play both ways but ultimately ends up playing more on the "kids" side.

------------------
I will sing, sing a new song.
How long to sing this song?

Fengche@aol.com

While I do watch MTV because I enjoy music videos - I don't take MTV seriously, and certainly don't care enough about what they report to actually get upset about it. It's MTV - it's trendy - it's NOW - it's all about what 15-16 year olds think is cool. (not all 15-16 yr olds, mind you).

Ignore what young teenyboppers are saying (NYSNC fans are never usually above 18) and just consider the source. It's not worth getting upset about. ever.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
While I do watch MTV because I enjoy music videos - I don't take MTV seriously, and certainly don't care enough about what they report to actually get upset about it. It's MTV - it's trendy - it's NOW - it's all about what 15-16 year olds think is cool. (not all 15-16 yr olds, mind you).

Ignore what young teenyboppers are saying (NYSNC fans are never usually above 18) and just consider the source. It's not worth getting upset about. ever.

wooohoooooo im a cool 16 year old i dont watch mtv *gulp* i like old 70's 80's music...jasus im just a freak of a 16 year old *hides*

Originally posted by ACROB@T:

I don't get MTV2 so that is what I watch
VH1.

Originally posted by bono-vox:
wooohoooooo im a cool 16 year old i dont watch mtv *gulp* i like old 70's 80's music...jasus im just a freak of a 16 year old *hides*

It's ok, I'm 17, middle ground. I.E, there's no specified music channel for me until I turn 18...stupid media. They can all bite me.

------------------
*Proud owner, maker, and baker of THE U2 cookies*

be like me and dont have MTV and just watch MTV2 and VH1 all day

oh yeah and Comcast Sports Net
biggrin.gif

------------------
You make yourself vulnerable to change in your life. But in the end, you've got to become the change you want to see in the world.
-the B-man

Back
Top Bottom