Extras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think last nights episode may have been the last in this series.:(

Hooray!

"Would you rather have your body and the brain of a chimpanzee or your brain in a chimpanzee's body?" Maggie reminds me a bit of myself :reject: thats the kind of thing I would come out with

I didn't think the new series was as funny as the first one, but my lord - did I laugh hard at that episode with Daniel Radcliffe.

I was just thinking about the new series&how no-one has been talking about it so it's good to see it resurrected :wink:

I actually think it's got better :lmao:

The Daniel Radcliffe episode was hysterical with it sounding shocking hearing him talk about really adult stuff :lol:

Ricky's sit-com's quite funny&Robert De Nero asking for the pen in that last one!!!!! :ohmy: :giggle:

dsmith2904 said:
How long before we get to see it in the US?
Start using Bittorrent to download episodes and you can see it now.

I though the Office US was good. Then I discovered Office UK. I thought The Office UK was great, and then I watched the follow-up series of Extras.

The second season is my favourite. The cameos are absolutley the funniest thing ever.

Daniel Radcliffe with the unrolled condom :lol:

Patrick Stewart's movie script about a man who can make women's clothes fall off with his mind :laugh:

David Bowie composing a song on the spot about Gervais, "See his pug nose face, pug pug, pug pug" :lmao:

Holy shit, brilliant.

snapshot20061026185118vn5.jpg

He's so depressed at being hated
Fatty takes his own life....

Fatty? Fatso?

Okay let's go with Fatso

Fatso takes his own life
He blows his stupid face off

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

He's so depressed at being hated
Fatty takes his own life....

Fatty? Fatso?

Okay let's go with Fatso

Fatso takes his own life
He blows his stupid face off

I practically wet myself when I saw that!
Extras was probably the best thing on british television for a long time. Rock on the next series :up:
daniel radcliffe + the condom = classic comedy moment!

Canadiens1160 said:
Hahaha

snapshot20061026185901gc0.jpg

'You've, uh, unraveled it."

"Yeah. Ready for action."

:lol:

And when he had the packet of cigarettes, and promptly threw them at maggie when his mum showed up.

^

'she was coming onto me'
'of course she was - you're gorgeous'

he did the comedy well, actually. I was surprised.
I also found all of the stuff with Andy 'beating up' the kid with Downs Syndrome hilarious, too - especially when Stephen Merchant went on Richard + Judy to sort it out :giggle:

beau2ifulday said:
^

'she was coming onto me'
'of course she was - you're gorgeous'

he did the comedy well, actually. I was surprised.
I also found all of the stuff with Andy 'beating up' the kid with Downs Syndrome hilarious, too - especially when Stephen Merchant went on Richard + Judy to sort it out :giggle:

stephen merchant is BRILLIANT in it, especially when he came to the baftas and had the andy toy that wouldn't shut up.
:lol:

I know what I'll be putting on my wishlist!
OMG there might be a christmas special!!

David bowie's apperance was the best from series 2 i think LOL.

" tacky shit " from the ronny corbet episode was pure gold :lol:

It was brilliant! I've watched it too many times over the last few weeks!

I love the last episode when ricky goes into the office and finds steven wanking over the pen, and then leave sin disgust to find the other guy doing it! HAHAHAHHA

and how robert de niro was so interested in the pen and he and steven bonded! LMAO!

I actually preferred this second series to the first. The only I find odd about it is that it's a co-production between HBO and BBC and the first series reflected that with an equal mix of well-known American and British stars. But this series is almost entirely British. How many Americans know who Jonathan Ross or Ronnie Corbett are? Or Richard & Judy?

Not that I'm complaining. In fact I think that's what I loved about it. But I feel sorry that Americans aren't going to get the sheer absurdity of Ronnie Corbett snorting cocaine or Robert Lindsay's reference to Citizen Smith and My Family.

Best line of the show:

"Why do you keep coming back?" Andy to Stephen Fry in the toilets at the BAFTAs. :lmao:

That's a good point about some of those people being unknown in America, Q1! :wink:

Maybe it's a good idea for them to get to know all about some more of our great comedians&actors! :yes: :)

I adore Robert Lindsay too! :heart:

Series 1 has given the show a bad name for being very unfunny , but series 2 really did rock.

The episode where the kid had down sydrome was funny and the robert lindsay episode where he said the kid was a " Waste of space" :lol:

I agree somewhat about Series 1. It just was more about character development and more subdued humor, really.

Series 2 just brought on the slapstick stuff, as well as the bigger celebrities.

I dug up this thread because I just got done watching Series 1 on DVD, and I thought it was hilarious! Surprised to read here that a lot of folks didn't think it was that funny.

I love the Scottish actress (who's now on Ugly Betty), and the guest spots are hilarious - Patrick Stewart's and Kate Winslet's especially.

Guess that means I'll just find Series 2 all the more funny! :wink:

I don't have HBO, so I'll have to find the torrents online. I don't want to wait forever for the DVDs.

Really, really didn't like the first series. The second series, however, is hilarious. I never get tired of watching it.

Where the hell have I been?? :banghead:

under a rock or something.. I just started watching this show.. OMFG!!!!!! Hilarious to no end.. Both me and my hubby are gonna watch this whole season this weekend (we have hbo/on demand).. I think we will have to go get the previous season too..

just :heart: it!! Ricky G... is the shite! :wink:

I downloaded the series finale/ Christmas special this week but haven't watched it yet. I read an article about it though, and according to the writer, it's a very, very good series finale.

Back
Top Bottom