Explosions In The Sky- All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
All of a sudden I miss them too. Explosions in the Sky have announced the details for their upcoming album release in February...

Courtesy of explosionsinthesky.com

Hello everyone,

We're happy to say that our new album will be released on February 20th, 2007 (Feb. 19th in the UK and Europe, release dates for the rest of the world are around the same time). Its called "All of A Sudden I Miss Everyone." It has six songs and is about forty-four minutes long. We'll have more to say about it soon.

Also, we're putting together our touring schedule for next year. A few of the shows have already been confirmed and you can find out more about those on the "shows" page. We'll be updating the list in the coming weeks.

In the meantime we're going to take naps and watch basketball. We'll see you next year.

Thanks for caring.

Love,
Explosions

For those interested, Stereogum has posted a new track:

http://www.temporaryresidence .com/mp3s/explosions_welcomeghosts.mp4

(Remove the space before .com)

As far as touring goes, if anyone can somehow make it to the Langerado Music Festival in Sunrise Florida (featuring Explosions, Band of Horses, Four Tet, Stephen Malkmus)... I would be quite jealous.

Looking forward to this release....

I think you have listed all of the bands I would be interested in from the Langerado line-up...not sure if that could hold my attention span.

~Indie pre-teen

Stolen from Pitchfork:

What's that up above? Bird? Plane? Superman? Ever better: It's po-ro torchbearers Explosions in the Sky, setting the heavens aflame with their scintillating, pedal-punched, drama-drenched instrumentals.

The Austin four-piece return early next year with their first proper LP in nearly four years, the Temporary Residence-stamped All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone, which crash-lands February 20. If that isn't pretty much the most emo album title ever, I'll eat my own broken heart.

I Miss Everyone showcases six soaring post-rock anthems, including 13+ minute epic "It's Natural to Be Afraid", all recorded by the Paper Chase's John Congleton at Pachyderm Studio in the boonies of Minnesota. Click the link below for an exclusive stream of the record's second track, the inspired "Welcome, Ghosts".

And if that weren't enough to write home about, how's this: limited edition, deluxe versions of I Miss Everyone come packaged with a second, album-length bonus disc collecting six remixes-- one of each track-- by several of thee kewlest peeps in the game: Four Tet, Jesu, Eluvium, Adem, Mountains, and even Congleton's own Paper Chase.

Explosions celebrate the birth of their latest opus with two special New York gigs in February and a few scattered dates thereafter, with more tour destinations to follow. If you'd rather experience the band's magic from the comfort of your easy chair, however, tune in to "Friday Night Lights", the NBC football drama series inspired by the Explosions-scored film, which sets gridiron grind against some choice EitS slow-burners.

All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone:

01 The Birth and Death of the Day
02 Welcome, Ghosts
03 It's Natural to Be Afraid
04 What Do You Go Home To?
05 Catastrophe and the Cure
06 So Long, Lonesome

Bonus disc:

01 The Birth and Death of the Day (Jesu Mix)
02 Welcome, Ghosts (Adem Mix)
03 It's Natural to Be Afraid (The Paper Chase Mix)
04 What Do You Go Home To? (Mountains Mix)
05 Catastrophe and the Cure (Four Tet Mix)
06 So Long, Lonesome (Eluvium Mix)

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/39771/Explosions_in_the_Sky_Miss_Everyone_Share_

Right on to the special edition :up:

Also from their website:

in March we will start touring North America. We will start having those dates posted in the coming weeks.

One of Interference's reporters is covering Langerado. If anyone wants to write a formal review of the new Explosions record (that will be sent to the band directly and its publicist), please email me.

Back
Top Bottom