Explosions in the sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoorock Girl!

The Fly
Are better than Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Surely there are some other fans of this fine band? There are few girls who enjoy "climaxes" as good as theres. :wink:

Their name alone makes them a good band.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I was going to listen to their CD lst night...but instead went with Street Spirit (Fade Out) CD1 and CD2 (are you a Radiohead fan, zoorock girl?).

I saw them last winter...super nice guys too. I would suggest these guys to everyone (who likes that type of music - Mogwai and the like).

They opened up for "and you will know them...." for a while too. I would LOVE to see them again.

Austin, TX has a few good local bands! :drool:

Dang. I thought this was a Placebo thread. [/obscure lyric reference]

And yeah. Austin... :up: And you know how I feel about Texas...

zoney! said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I was going to listen to their CD lst night...but instead went with Street Spirit (Fade Out) CD1 and CD2 (are you a Radiohead fan, zoorock girl?).

I saw them last winter...super nice guys too. I would suggest these guys to everyone (who likes that type of music - Mogwai and the like).

They opened up for "and you will know them...." for a while too. I would LOVE to see them again.

Austin, TX has a few good local bands! :drool:

Trail of dead are pretty cool too! Weren't they on Farmclub the same time U2 were back in 2001?

And yes, I really like Radiohead! OK Computer and Amnesiac (that's the right name right? not insomniac? )the most. :)

I'm taking a long break from Post rock.
though I like The Album Leaf
which isn't really post rock

but I should say
I still think Explosions are good!
just not for me now, baby, not now

Ok, I just finished their 'The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place' album for the first time. Absolutely breathtaking. The last song is an incredibly moving closer. The whole album is really one piece, I cant see myself ever being able to listen to these songs by themselves. Anyways, tickle me impressed.

both are great bands... with different styles, ok, both are post-rock bands, but have different sequences, Explosions are more based in drums, Goodspeed prefer progressive synthetized (and samples) sequences.. bah

anyway, I prefer Explosions in the Sky, I need an album by them

Yeah, it's all personal preference. I still prefer Mogwai out of all of them if you're talking about the whole instrumental thing. Regardless, they are awesome. Beautiful album.

I got taday "How Strange Innocence" re-issue :happy: (and a Postal Service vinyl, he)

I can be into post-rock all my life, Explosions used to be my favorite post-rock band, now is 65daysofstatic

There is news. Lend me your ear and put your hand in mine.

Hello,

It's always nice when we actually have news to report. To begin with, we can now say that we have completely finished writing our next album. It has six songs, ranging from three to thirteen minutes each. The artwork, again by Esteban Rey, is also nearly finished. In August, we will be going to Minnesota to record the album with John Congleton, and if all goes well, we're hoping to release the album in February. Then we will re-discover our van and begin touring.

More here, including Austin City Limits announcements.

And what ever happened to zoorock girl!... Did she go off and become zoopost-rock girl! and forget how to use vocals?

:sexywink:

Last edited:
Sexplosions On My Thigh, indeed!

Great news! 3 to 13 minutes long? Sounds about right, crazy SOBs. Hopefully they'll come somewhere near here, I'd love to see them live (especially since I had to miss both Mogwai and Sigur Ros this year).

Yes, that Zoorock girl really seemed to stop posting. I've heard many a conspiracy theory as to why. Oh well, she was a bit of a dirty pirate hooker anyway. Probably went back to her home on Whore Island.

cujo said:
including Austin City Limits announcements.

I was really excited when I heard they'd be there, and now the grid is out and they're playing at the same time as Iron & Wine.

I hate to say it, but I gotta go with Sammy in this situation. Looks like it will still be awhile before I see Explosions.

That's a tough choice.

Is there a way that you could see part of each set?

For me.

It's my Fever Dream.

:shhh:

I might be able to catch the tail end of Explosions set since I think it runs over a bit. I've definitely got to stay throughout the entirety of I&W though.

Explosions is from Austin, so I'm sure I'll have many more chances since, well, I live there for 9 months of the year.

Back
Top Bottom