Explain your name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im a huge U2 fan, but the reason I became a musician is because of Danny Elfman. Not to take anything away from U2 cause I love them, but Ive always used this name.

i'm a huge duran duran fan. they have a song called khanada. when i was registering at their forums, i thought i wanted a more ddish username. (i'd been going by the more U2ish poptart and was growing tired of the name.) i wanted to pick something that showed my gender because even though i thought poptart was feminine, apparently others did not. :huh:

anyway, it comes from the duran duran song khanada. my favourite member at the time was nick rhodes, because john :drool: wasn't in the band at the time. plus khanada taylor doesn't sound right.

Queen B was my alias at a few message boards (loosely inspired by an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) before I started posting here. I decided to go with Queen Bee when I registered because I thought it was clever. I hate my username. :happy:

Im a bass player it only seemed logical to choose Adam as my name on ere. Plus i was in a hurry when i did it and couldnt think of anything better in the few seconds I had.

My pet name at home is Lara because my Grandmother couldn't say Laura. It jsut stuck.

I think Larry is pretty.

I wanted to be Jesus Online after a Bush song, but figured I'd probably end up getting roadkill sent to me if I did. So I picked this which mum always reckoned it sounded like Bono was singing in Angel of Harlem.

This song is what i was listening to at the time when i was registering and was having trouble thinking of a name - simple solution!

Stars = Star Wars

U2 is obvious

I actually came up with this nick back when I had MSN and every name was taken and I didn't just want to be tim264. So I smacked two of my favorite things together (U2 and Star Wars) and came up with Starsforu2.

Needless to say, this has been a good year for both of my cultural loves. :yes:

i am an airbrush artist in the mall and I was just talking to one of the guys in a neoghboring store and somehow his nickname came up and i sarcasticaly pouted i dont have a nickname, and he looked at me and raised an eyebrow and just said "brush", i laughed cuase i thought of edge, you know simple one name, and said "the brush".

Mine is my license plate. If I knew how much time I'd spend on here I would've been more creative :wink:

big fan of the song. i chose Numb because the song is so "un U2". I was born in October of 75. There it is, mystery solved. You can all sleep soundly tonight:wink:

lets see.

used to be icelady = because the ex and I had nicks from friends, and ex's nick was Iceman and I became known as Icelady, when we got married, cheques and cards were made out to mr and mrs iceman :lol:

used to be=whackamole because that used to be a favourite kid time game

used to be guaca=IO inside joke at the time

lucky charms=again can thank the children for that one, I think I had gone grocery shopping and had just bought some for the kids :lol:

that's about it.

My screenname came from AOL. When I originally signed up with them, I couldn't get the name I wanted so dsmith2904 was the name they suggested. I've taken it with me to various other ISPs, e-mail services and boards/forums because it's easy for me to remember.

*takes deep breath*

well.........many many moons ago when I first signed up for a yahoo email account, I didn't know what username to choose. my brother had just signed up with bammo cos that's what he got called at school - our surname is bampton. He went to a public school (although I think you yanks call them private schools :hmm: ) and boys at public schools tend to call each other weird things based on surnames, don't they :laugh:

so I thought I'd have bammo2 for my email address. And since then a lot of my friends have started calling me Bammo cos they thought it was funny. so actually most of my friends in 'real life' as well as online call me Bammo :laugh:

Copied from a recent thread:

Bono already has an Irish wife, so I was merely volunteering myself for the position if he ever decides he needs companionship when he's in North America.

I am not claiming to be Bono's real wife nor am I insinuating that Bono's real wife is anyone other than the very Irish Ali Hewson.

And contrary to what a few have insinuated:

No irony
No mystery
No attempt at deception
No political undertones

Its just a semi-lame screen name chosen because I wanted to use "Bonochick" and there was already a Bonochick here. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom