Explain your name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is influenced by Tolkiens books a little, but in general I made it up. That`s the only story behind my name! :D
Ive been using it everywhere on the internet for a loooong time . And although its a great name (IMO) Im getting a little bored of it already.

I have a poster hanging above my computer at home that is an old advertisment of a Muhammad Ali fight. For any forum or anything like this, I'm lazy and just pick the name of one of the undercards. In this case Earnie Shavers, the "hardest punching heavyweight in the world!" I think I may go now and find out if he won.

I wanted to originally be PrincessAngelinaContessaLouisaFrancescaBananaFannaBoBescathethird.

but that was too long :(

I had typed in myusernamehere as a place holder until I could come up with something shorter. Then I got distracted by something shiny and hit submit.

Last edited:
1. An old "I wish he was my boyfriend but really he just wanted to be friends" friend used to call me this WAY back in high school... and the nickname stuck amongst a group of friends.

2. Much of my life was defined by the fact that I suffer from severe clinical depression (Which does not mean I'm SAD at all, so it's kind of a smart ass thing)

3. I was having a bad day when I registered :(

I actually like my name cuz it throws people off a little... I'm actually a very light-hearted and fun loving person with a goofy and slightly overactive sense of humor. :shrug:

But I think you and I may have had this discussion before, RR? :D

"Verte" is the feminine version of the French word for green. I got it from medieval heraldry. The 76 is from my country's birth year, 1776; I'm a history freak.

well as my name suggests i happen to be quite good at the game of golf. Close to being a god if u will!!! and the 55 is just a number that i tend to use for stuff.

Two Americas was the working title for the Joshua Tree album. But they changed it to the Joshua Tree, after going to the Joshua Tree Park and realizing what the tree meant in the bible, or something like that.

Two Americas still would have been an appropriate title, considering the songs Bullet the Blue Sky and Mothers of the Disappeared dealt with South America issues. Plus, Jara is referred in the song One Tree Hill. Jara was some sort of political figure in South America.

This is so cool to find out!

BrazilianFly, i always found your name to be really cool, especially with the rockon smiley under it, adds an extra "je ne sais quoi" :)

My name is a lyric out of "A man and a woman" , love the song, love those lyrics, and it fits me, since well, my soul seems to be waiting...and having fun, having bad times and all the stuff in between that...hopefully growing as life progresses.
Whoa, heavy talk :ohmy:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Ohhhh...I thought the "Golightly" part of your name was taken from "The Ground Beneath Her Feet"-the whole, "Go lightly down your darkened way, go lightly underground...".

*Has never seen "Breakfast At Tiffany's" :reject:...(I know, I know...what?!)*

Also, LOL, TheBrazilianFly...wow, I never woulda guessed that one...:wink:.

Angela

Hmm, I didn't even realize that until now.

Interestingly enough, I got into Audrey Hepburn around the same time I got into U2.

Sad_Girl said:
1. An old "I wish he was my boyfriend but really he just wanted to be friends" friend used to call me this WAY back in high school... and the nickname stuck amongst a group of friends.

2. Much of my life was defined by the fact that I suffer from severe clinical depression (Which does not mean I'm SAD at all, so it's kind of a smart ass thing)

3. I was having a bad day when I registered :(

I actually like my name cuz it throws people off a little... I'm actually a very light-hearted and fun loving person with a goofy and slightly overactive sense of humor. :shrug:

But I think you and I may have had this discussion before, RR? :D

:yes:

myusernamehere said:
I wanted to originally be PrincessAngelinaContessaLouisaFrancescaBananaFannaBoBescathethird.

but that was too long :(

I had typed in myusernamehere as a place holder until I could come up with something shorter. Then I got distracted by something shiny and hit submit.

I dunno what drugs you're on, but I wouldn't mind some of them.

My own user name, rather boringly, is because I have a career background in finance & accounting and once made $30 million in a single Forex trade (*).

(* the last bit is technically a complete lie) ;)

financeguy said:

My own user name, rather boringly, is because I have a career background in finance & accounting and once made $30 million in a single Forex trade (*).

(* the last bit is technically a complete lie) ;)

:lmao:

you can't see it very well but here it is on my wall :drool:

343%3A9%3A3523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E686%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32327%3B73%3C66%3A7nu0mrj

and on my U2 bookcase before I hung it up :D It's my favorite U2 item ever :yes:
343%3A9%3A3523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E686%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32327%3A4%3A%3B2843nu0mrj

i picked my name on impulse cos i saw a thread i wanted to reply to or something like that. i suppose the "gal" part could show im from the south, except i, erm, dont like the south. plus im from atlanta which isnt the south anyway. not to say i hate everything about the south. just the racist redneck bible-belt part. but im getting off track.

anyway i dont even particularly like the song vertigo, but i thought it sounded catchy on the spur of the moment. i would make up a name thats got more to do with a song i like or something about me in general, but its too late to change my name since im so wellknown and loved here, etc.

lol:wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Well....My username is techinally U2 Manaic Weido.....but it was suppose to be U2 Manaic Weirdo....since I'm a fanatical U2 fan...but I forgot the R and I capitonalized every other word after U2....so it became U2MaNaIcWeIdO

I'm so glad you explained that...it's been buggin me for ages...still can't pronounce it but...:wink:

As for me...

It's also a thought that changed the world... I love the song...pretty obvious really... but grace and gracie were already gone so I picked gr@cie

...it's always such a stressful situation...finding a username. :|

I think the only reason I picked this name is because it was one of the few names in U2's songs, and prior to interference I was in a couple U2 chat rooms where wanderer and van diemen were taken, so I cheated and cut off the van. :)

arw9797 said:

best U2 poster ever.

but you already new that arw.

umm, ok since I find myself here then I'll explain my username. if I was born female my username would be "dorothy" and I'd still not be a PLEBAn.

Diemen said:
I think the only reason I picked this name is because it was one of the few names in U2's songs, and prior to interference I was in a couple U2 chat rooms where wanderer and van diemen were taken, so I cheated and cut off the van. :)
i remember your old chat name back from like 98 :wave:

Back
Top Bottom