Explain your name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to be Eliv9 but I didn’t want to brag.
No seriously, Eliv8 = Elevate (Phonetic as the second ‘E’ is pronounced as an ‘I’)
Was thinking of Eliv810. Eliv – eight – ten (Elevation)
Elev8 didn’t look right. Looks like a name for an elephant (and I’ve just lost 25lbs)

I feel like I've done this before but...

My name is GibsonGirl because I'm a girl (well, I was a girl when I first registered with it, but now I'm a woman. :happy: GibsonWoman doesn't have the same ring to it, though) and I like Gibson guitars. That's it really.

I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan and one of my favorite Audrey movies is "Breakfast at Tiffany's" where Miss Hepburn plays the madcap Holly Golightly. Grrl is just a variation of girl.

<---Hate my name.

I don't really know how my name came about. I know that at the time I joined I just had honey blond highlights put in my hair that I just loved. I've never really liked the song Wild Honey so I think it had to do with my hair. :shrug:

On the other hand, I loved the song Always. I just should have called myself Always.

ARW is my initials

9797 is a stupid number I used to use at a job. I worked in a cash office and had to enter ARW 9797 as my code to get into the system. I started there in January 1997 so that's how I ended up with 9797.

I HATE THE 9797'S so if you're ever in the mood to shorten names again Sicy you can certainly feel free to change mine to just ARW :D pleaaaaaaaaase!!!!! I can't stand it when someone calls me arw9797 :sad: I feel like I did something wrong when my full name is used.

I actually just wanted to be Amanda but I think there's someone signed up with my name :mad: that's never even posted before :madspit:

i like the st louis cardinals

stl

i like elevation the song and the tour

elevation

there you go

and no i am not from st louis

Golightly Grrl said:
I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan and one of my favorite Audrey movies is "Breakfast at Tiffany's" where Miss Hepburn plays the madcap Holly Golightly. Grrl is just a variation of girl.

Ohhhh...I thought the "Golightly" part of your name was taken from "The Ground Beneath Her Feet"-the whole, "Go lightly down your darkened way, go lightly underground...".

*Has never seen "Breakfast At Tiffany's" :reject:...(I know, I know...what?!)*

Also, LOL, TheBrazilianFly...wow, I never woulda guessed that one...:wink:.

Angela

Indra is a Hindu god. Apparently started out as a really powerful god, but eventually got demoted to weather god and lord of the lesser gods. :|

I chose Indra as my user name when I registered here right after a conversation with someone using Indra as his nick in a chatroom. I thought it sounded cool, I liked the gender-bending aspect (although most people have assumed -- correctly -- that I am female, so that didn't exactly work :shrug: ), and it had nothing to do with either U2 or The Church (my obsession :D ), as I was afraid I would soon hate a name based on a song or album.

indra said:
Indra is a Hindu god. Apparently started out as a really powerful god, but eventually got demoted to weather god and lord of the lesser gods. :|

I chose Indra as my user name when I registered here right after a conversation with someone using Indra as his nick in a chatroom. I thought it sounded cool, I liked the gender-bending aspect (although most people have assumed -- correctly -- that I am female, so that didn't exactly work :shrug: ), and it had nothing to do with either U2 or The Church (my obsession :D ), as I was afraid I would soon hate a name based on a song or album.

Out of all of the names here...yours was the one I was wondering what it meant the most.....cool.:up: You are actually the reason I started this thread.......now you know.

my name is Lila and I was born in '64. Didn't take a brain surgeon to come up with it. But Lila in Hebrew means 'night'.

<--------has seen Breakfast At Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn was so beautiful and charming... Mooooon River....:whistle:

1 - I'm a girl :cute:
2 - I looooove B's voice on In Your Blue Room :drool:
3 - I'd love to be the girl whose blue room B was in :evil:
4 - This being the Blue Crack House, the name seemed to work on 2 levels, so I went with it! :D

:up: Cool thread - I always love finding out how folks came up with their Crack House names. :laugh:

Nice thread! :up:

Zoo TV + Beatlesque... in case it wasn't already obvious. I also like the fact that it somewhat resembles the word Discotheque. :drool:

RedrocksU2 said:

Out of all of the names here...yours was the one I was wondering what it meant the most.....cool.:up: You are actually the reason I started this thread.......now you know.

Aww... that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

Interesting Indra....my middle name is actually the name of a Hindu goddess (crazy parents I tell ya!)....you don't run across too many of those it seems so I was amused to see your username as that.

Let's see my username...my original name that I wanted was taken by a poster who apparently has never even posted :madspit:

'When The Stars Go Blue' was playing in the background at the time, so voila.

indra said:

I thought it sounded cool, I liked the gender-bending aspect (although most people have assumed -- correctly -- that I am female, so that didn't exactly work :shrug: ), and it had nothing to do with either U2 or The Church (my obsession :D ), as I was afraid I would soon hate a name based on a song or album.

So who is the person (male) in your avatar and the band pic?

Mine comes from Two Hearts Beat as One, which is an awesome title. The 2 hearts are mine and my girlfriend (1978-2001).

Mine is obvious... its the greatest song ever SUNG by u2.
I know Cole Porter wrote it, but the way Bono sings it... its just, they own it you know?
As far as why i chose it, its because it is the story of my life...' A yearning burning inside of me'...
to love this way, to be loved this way......im waiting.
Some may say that this song is about obsession, i tend to agreee a bit, obsession about just wanting to be wanted and loved like no other.
I have heard every version, but my favorite is the Music Cares with Bono and Edge.
I have listen to this song more times then any other song, probably over 3,000 times.

66' is the year i was *cough* born
but i dont look a year over 73'.
hehe

2Hearts said:

So who is the person (male) in your avatar and the band pic?

Steve Kilbey is avatar guy (it's a self portrait) and the band is The Church (l to r -- Peter, Steve, Tim, Marty).

And dirty little secret time -- the guy who was Indra in that chatroom that night was none other than Steve Kilbey. :D

Told you The Church is my obsession.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom