Explain your name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam Bono Edge Larry

:wink:

i acutally started off using this name in chat, and felt i wasn't being very creative at all but BEAL was already used, LEBA didn't sound right...too close to PLEBA lol. while ABEL sounded like a boy's name i stuck with it cuz at the time i spent most of my time in chat and i saw a lot of the girls getting hit on by weirdos, so i stuck with it.

my username is my real name.

my mom was/is a singer/songwriter and my father was in a rock band, dont know if he is now or retired from it. but anyways, they were both working on a song, and the title of it was "icelle." the song didnt work out, but they kept the name for me.

My real name is Luis. In my country we call Lucho and Luchito to people who are named Luis.
So that`s the reason I picked this nick.
I just added an X :shrug:

i like larry mullen jr. he hits things for a living. he has a shirt that says 'hitman' on it. :up:

i wish i had chosen a different name though. a lot of people assume i'm a guy. :down:

:angry:

wow, i always thought the L was an I and have pronounced it as one big weirdass word

and for some reason ive always been afraid of you because of that

Sicy said:
Sicy is short for Sicilian, which I am.

I always pronounced your name like "sick-ee". sorry :reject:

Pax corrected me on that recently.

lmjhitman said:
i like larry mullen jr. he hits things for a living. he has a shirt that says 'hitman' on it. :up:

i wish i had chosen a different name though. a lot of people assume i'm a guy. :down:

:angry:

I always assumed you were a hot chick with great hair....:drool:

The Dalton Brothers is the name of the band that U2 used to dress up as and open up their own shows while doing really bad covers of old country songs. It was really beneath the coolest band around, but they made it cool and fun.

Since my posts here do a poor job hiding the fact that I am a superstar in real life, I decided "Dalton" was the only moniker that fit.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Private schools in the US = education is paid for by the family. It is for grades Kindergarten - 12th grade

Public schools in the US = education is paid for by the tax payers. It is for grades Kindergarten - 12th grade.

yeah, what bammo2 was meaning is that what you call 'Private Schools" we call "Public Schools". i.e. our Public schools are where the "education is paid for by the family". It's daft, I know. I tried to explain this to Pax when I was in the States and I think she thought I was senile.

Mine means Observer or watcher
Kaleanae is Elven ... yes from the language invented by Tolkien when writing the Lord of the Rings and other stories. :wink:

Chizip said:
wow, i always thought the L was an I and have pronounced it as one big weirdass word
well, now you know. it's LMJ hitman.
Chizip said:
and for some reason ive always been afraid of you because of that
awww... i'm actually quite petite, like, 5 feet tall! nothing to be afraid of really. :sexywink:

can we be friends now? :hyper:

Came from my having misheard a lyric in my favorite U2 song, "Angel Of Harlem"-instead of "Blue light on the avenue", I thought he was saying, "Moonlight on the avenue", and while I still love the actual line, I rather liked the line that I thought he was saying, too.

So, voila! Moonlit_Angel :).

Angela

Mine's easy....my favorite U2 lyric from my favorite U2 song.

I wanted to go with "Captain Kick-Jack of the 23rd Insanity Brigade", but, it's too long and too damned normal.

Well, this is really complicated so watch out. I like the song and the character The Fly and I am from Brazil so I put things together.... it's okay if you don't get it at first, you can read it again to try and understand it. :wink:

At first when I registered I thought it was really cool now I see how ridiculous it is. Bye. :|

A couple of explanations. I saw the movie Almost Famous, and my favorite part of the movie was when everyone was on the bus singing" Tiny Dancer".

I am also petite, for my size, and I love to dance.

I'm very petite and a when I worked as a barmaid, a lot of the customers started calling me Tinkerbell due to my diminutive stature ... it just kinda stuck :)

I know this very rock'n'roll dude in London who goes by the name of Jimmy and once called me a Dudette. Kinda liked it so chose it! I orginally wanted something else but wouldn't fit!

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: that's the one good thing about my name, i don't think there will ever be anyone saying to me "bitch! you stole my username!" :drool:

Well i do like Nick Rhodes :wink: but your safe I'm a Lebon girl :drool:

Khanada Lebon :D

My old band, late 80s to mid 90s, was called Khanada until we changed it to Exit. After the Duran Duran song too.

Back
Top Bottom