Explain your name... - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #166
Local Time: 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Se7en
se seven en

My favorite username on here!!!!!!!!!!1112314

Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 AM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:16 PM
My user name was the first thing that came to my head

I'd change the gal to girl if i could now 'cos with gal i sound like a hooker

My favourite user names on here are...

1. myusernamewassolongsicychangedit
2. yertle-the-turtle
3. Fizzing Whizzbees

Old 08-16-2005, 03:12 AM   #168
Local Time: 06:16 PM
I named myself after the first U2 tour that rolled around after I became a fan. Also, I think LoveTown gives off a nice tree hugging, peace loving hippie vibe heh

but, everybody thinks Im a guy!!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #169
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:16 PM
I've used this s/n since 1998 when I used to play on Mplayer. I still like it, so I keep using it.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #170
Blue Crack Addict
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Originally posted by LoveTown
but, everybody thinks Im a guy!!
I've never thought that .

Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:46 PM
This is an update on the lame reason for my name I gave earlier...and a very weird/true tale. Lately, I've been taking my love of hiking up a notch, going for the big mountains. We've got a big one just around the corner from my town called Marble Mountain. A few weeks back, I hiked to the top and noticed the hut there had its door open, and it was blowing back and forth in the wind. I went to close it, and noticed a copy of 'Blender' magazine on the table. Thom Yorke was on the cover. I've always been a distant fan of Radiohead, and a great appreciator of 'Ok Computer'. I often thought they were a band I could get into in a big way at some point; it's just that some other band from Ireland had a long-standing habit of demanding airtime.

Anyway, to make this blurb short, it was a beautiful day (no pun intended), and I sat on the steps next to the hut to read the Yorke interview. Two pages in, I read a quote from Bono, whom the magazine called for his two cents' worth. Describing the Radiohead front man, he said: "Thom is an angel singing about his devils. It's that duality -- the band is so tough, and yet his voice is so beautiful and fragile. Radiohead makes sacred music." (I just read the interview again, online, for quote accuracy.)

I thought it was pretty funny...the angel/devil thing, the fact the door was open in the hut, and the fact that I was listening to U2 on my mp3 player. Also, since reading that interview, I've completely dived into Radiohead, something I've wanted to do for a long time. They are a truly greaaaaaat band...
Old 08-16-2005, 03:58 PM   #172
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:16 PM
My name comes from a nickname Bono starting using for the Edge back during the Joshua Tree\Lovetown Tours. In a bootleg I have, Bono calls out the Edge's solo by calling him "Reggie The Dog". However, it always sounded to me like he called him "Reggie THEE Dog". I was always amused by the name, so I took it for my own here.

It's also an anagram of my name: Greg. Add and "i" and another "e" and there you have it!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:55 PM   #173
Vocal parasite
Local Time: 09:16 AM
I'm a writer and Axver is the last name of a few of my favourite characters that I've created. I still can't remember why I decided to use it as a screen name, but it's stuck and it's all I use online (except when I'm forced to have more than five characters, in which case I'm TheAxver or AmakAxver, Amak being my favourite of the Axvers).

And how did I create Axver as a last name? Not even I know. That's a mystery lost in time and all I can do is speculate on how my seven year old brain invented it.
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #174
*sings* "And you feeeel like no one before..."

Yep. Original of the Species is one of my favorites.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
My name is Phil Kelder. Hence the Philk. And then the got comes from the got milk commercials. And then you put them together.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #176
War Child
Local Time: 04:16 PM
I came up with 00Kevin for my james bond video game, because it sounds like 007. It kind of stuck with me because some people thougth it was funny. I'm kind of sick of it now, but o well.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:16 PM
My name is an acronym of Les Jours Tristes a song by Yann Tiersen...it means Sad Days...i just kinda liked the song i suppose.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
^cool....i was wondering what it meant for some reason

Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #179
I was trying to come up with a username for some site or other and somebody had already chosen all the ones I wanted. I got fed up, typed in 'echo' and some numbers...

I've been using it out of sheer laziness every since.

Man, am I boring...
Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
My name is from a part of Tampa, FL called Ybor City. There's a bunch of Restuarants and Clubs, it's closed off for the most part to car traffic. Unfortunately over the years it's become a place with a lot of crime.

I now live about 40 minutes to the south but still get up to Tampa once a month or so.