Excel Help Please!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anyone here a whiz at Excel?

I have a question that 3 people so far have not been able to answer. I will try to make sense of this, but here is what I am trying to do:

I have a column of numbers, every day I add a new number to the bottom of the column.

I have an equation that is complicated, but I will use a simple one here to find what I need to do.

Let's say I want to add the top number (which is always constant) to the bottom number in the column. I can write the equation to do this, but since I am adding a new number every day at the bottom of the column, I want Excel to always use the last number in the column.

The analogy would be "n+1" where "n" is the previous entry, and "n+1" is the last entry.

So the simple equation would be (assuming A1 is the top cell):

=A1+(AN+1)

so let's say the last cell in the column is A8 the equation would be
=A1+N where N is the cell A8. OR,

=A1+A8.

Now let's say I want the equation to always add the next cell which would be A9 - so it would be

=A1+(AN+1) where the (AN+1) is equal to A9.

The real question is, in Excel how do I input a value into my equation that represents (N+1)????

If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate this.

Always calculating,

:up:

a-ha - I figured it out. The equation I was trying to write ended up being:

=((OFFSET(BASEE,COUNT(BASEE:E60000)-1,0)-BASEE)/(OFFSET(BASEE,COUNT(BASEE:E60000)-1,0))*100)

If anyone here even spent 3 seconds thinking about this, thanks.

Any mods out there? You can CLOSE this thread if you feel like it...

Re: that looks like math.

Screaming Flower said:

that terrifies me.

:|

I did not mean to scare you, I just needed some help. Then I figured it out, and my shit clicked together.

Hi Flower.

:wave:

ouizy said:
:up:

a-ha - I figured it out. The equation I was trying to write ended up being:

=((OFFSET(BASEE,COUNT(BASEE:E60000)-1,0)-BASEE)/(OFFSET(BASEE,COUNT(BASEE:E60000)-1,0))*100)

you 'figured it out'?! I can't even thing up horrible strings of numbers and letter like that in my worst nightmares! :p

*looks at it again....goes cross eyed* :crack:

Go you? :huh: :p

ouizy said:

me thinks im gonna install microsoft office again and try something similar...dangit now i wanna relearn excel again...

Back
Top Bottom