Everyday crap that may not necessarily deserve it's own thread but drives you crazy.. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 12:47 PM
I hate it when people mis-interpret "leave a brief message" for

(1) Speak so fast that i can't understand or get the chance to write down your contact number unless i press replay for the 5th time

OR

(2) Leave a really....................really................long drawn out message in a m-o-n-o-t-o-n-e v-o-i-c-e.................that i will completely forget to write down the bloody message that you have left in the first place........................-t-h-a-n-k-y-o-u

Old 03-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
My guess is that so some people wont freak out. The plane has to point up in order for it to land.
I don't remember them asking us to do that though on the last flight I was on...back in 2000
I started flying in 2004 and it's always with European airlines, maybe it's different here. They always make you have it up. I don't get how having it up would help with people freaking out, you can see the ground hurtling towards you that way.
One really bad flight we were on when we couldn't land due to the weather our plane would drop down and shoot up again and looking out the window and seeing us circle over and over and over again freaked me out, I can't get that, or everyone screaming, out of my head when I'm on a plane. I've hated seeing outside ever since. It was the only bit of flying I used to enjoy too.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 09:47 PM
1. when I fly Southwest and get to the airport with a good amount of time, and someone decided 2 hours before the flight is leaving to get in their A, B, C lines, and then of course people follow and then you feel compelled to get in line too because you want to pick your seat and have room for your bags. hence, 2 hours on the floor until boarding begins.

2. When I show up for a hair appt that I made weeks in advance only to have them tell me that they only put me down for a wax and NOT my hair cut. oops

3. when I buy tickets for a concert and think ok, $60 seats aren't that bad, and then the total above the tickets includes almost $15 per ticket in fees.

4. when I buy gas and the next day the gas price drops a lot.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:47 PM
wow zootles was really bored last night
Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
1. when I fly Southwest and get to the airport with a good amount of time, and someone decided 2 hours before the flight is leaving to get in their A, B, C lines, and then of course people follow and then you feel compelled to get in line too because you want to pick your seat and have room for your bags. hence, 2 hours on the floor until boarding begins.

Oops! Not guilty of this all of the time though
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
ok, well you're forgiven

normally if I'm in A, I don't worry too much. but B or C, I can understand why people get in line early.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Awwww why thank you Yeah when it's B or C than it's time to stake my place out.

Why is that the person sitting in front of you always inists upon reclining their seat back all of the way? If I wanted you to sit in my lap than I would ask you to come sit there!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I say the same thing when someone is tailing me really closely. if I wanted you to ride in my car, I would have offered!!

and on that note, people who drive exclusively in the left lane, well below the speed limit and they don't move over it's called the passing lane for a reason!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I say the same thing when someone is tailing me really closely. if I wanted you to ride in my car, I would have offered!!
Should I be concerned about road rage whenever I ride with you?

Waiting till the last minute to signal that you are turning. What is so hard about flipping on that little blinker to alert people beforehand?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

come on Shannon, I live in Illinois. people here are ruthless! I'm usually calm, but people can be so stupid when they're driving. the worst was some lady actually using a mini curling iron with her visor mirror flipped down!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Why are TV commercials so much louder than the programs?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:47 PM
To get your attention. True.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #58
Refugee

having to stop at traffic lights when there's nobody else on the road annoys me.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen
Why do they need the window blinds up for take off and landing on the plane?
I actually read the answer to this in yesterday's newspaper. This bloke who works at Heathrow explained that it was so if anything went wrong during take-off/landing then you'd be able to clearly see outside the plane and spot any fires/debris/water/other hazards and also it lets natural light into the plane to make exiting it safely easier if the electricity goes during the crash or the plane fills with smoke etc. Presumably if anything goes wrong mid-air then they're just expecting you to plunge to your death anyway so aren't so bothered about spotting potential hazards...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
come on Shannon, I live in Illinois. people here are ruthless! I'm usually calm, but people can be so stupid when they're driving. the worst was some lady actually using a mini curling iron with her visor mirror flipped down!
Oh I fear for my life each time Im out there in a car. Geez you would think you guys were trying out for Nascar I won't need to obtain a special license when I move out there will I?

As for that idiot woman I guess she wanted her hair to look great for when she crashes her car. There is stupid and then there is people like this in their own category!