everybody loves raymond and red shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i recently started watching this show. it is simple, sweet and silly. a tad more intelligent and a lot less repetitive and predictable than home improvement ever was.

regardless, over the couple of weeks of syndicated episodes i have watched it has struck me that the ray's wife, debra, is almost always wearing a red top.

patriciaheaton.jpg

she is also quite hot, which is why i probably noticed

i think she might be a crazy nut with a tiger woods complex.

I watched that show for about a month and always walked away from it feeling that it had such a negative tone. Debra seems so hateful and I don't think that her character is a good representative for wives out there - and the writing plays into some people's beliefs that wives are "bitches." I dunno, maybe I'm too sensitive, but I just can't watch that show. :sad:

really? i think it's pretty funny. debra is just stressed because her husband is more or less a moron and his parents are headcases.
interesting a female would see it the way you do and i would see it the other way around.

I guess I'm just wary of women being portrayed as "nagging bitches" on television and playing into societal beliefs.

this is true. it is quite a 'formulaic' show and debra does fit into a stereotype...i guess there is a stereotype for all the main characters. stupid husband, overly doting mother, ignorant father...

meh...it's a decent show...but intelligent, thoughtful humour has died away for the most part. Every show you know what is going to happen...you know every punchline - the only think that makes it funny at all is the delivery

Truely funny shows died with the last episode of Seinfeld

Basstrap said:
...you know every punchline - the only think that makes it funny at all is the delivery

Truely funny shows died with the last episode of Seinfeld

point 1: i was going to say that about seinfeld...then you put it :mad: :sexywink:

point 2: you say it like delivery isn't a talent. yes, we DO know the joke but 95% of the people watching couldn't deliver a good punchline if their lives depended on it. if you're witty but have no delivery, then you suck...you must have them both to be funny.

thank you for reasonability

Screaming Flower said:

this is obviously the only reasonable explanation. :slant:

i am glad that, you too, see the light.

:slant:

Re: thank you for reasonability

kobayashi said:

i am glad that, you too, see the light.

:slant:

you're both wrong!

I'm pretty sure she'd be an oprah fan, and its scientifically proven that if you wear red in the oprah audience youre more likely to get picked out of the crowd. :wink:

robert & frank are my two fav characters.....

they CAN be both soo very funny :p

but i've always really liked ray since we it started showing here in australia

Back
Top Bottom