Everybody Hates Terrell - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by caragriff
i always thought T.O was just twisting screws and not really serious, but over the weekend his interviews made me realize he is really not living in reality. he went on and on about how nobody threw him an on-field party for his 100th TD catch.
then, the next thing you know, i watched curtis martin get his 100th rushing TD this past weekend and put his head down and run off the field, no bells or whistles needed. that is the way a classy man acts. i mean, you are getting paid loads of money to play for a TEAM. it's not all about you all the time T.O. i don't know, i just don't like terrell anymore now that i kow he's not just acting like a jerk, he actually really is one!
To add onto the touchdown thing, maybe he could gripe a little bit more if he had actually scored the majority of them with the eagles. Given that 80 of them were with San Fran, why the hell would Philly give a crap?

Old 11-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

i've never been called purple

Old 11-10-2005, 07:42 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Old 11-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Is whining about not being recognized for a milestone really a reason to can somebody, or say he's a bad influence? There is much more to this story than we know, surely there must be.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Is whining about not being recognized for a milestone really a reason to can somebody, or say he's a bad influence? There is much more to this story than we know, surely there must be.
Well, there was the time he publicly ripped Donovan McNabb.

Then there was the other time he publicly ripped Donovan McNabb.

Then there was the contract holdout.

Then there was the time he got kicked out of training camp.

And so forth.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

the time he stole ronald's milkshake
Old 11-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I still don't get the purple comment....what does that mean?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Well, there was the time he publicly ripped Donovan McNabb.

One time he was goated into it by a leading question by Irvin. He was too stupid to realize he was being set up.

Also, Vanderjagt publically ripped Manning, and they're friends again, and it actually made the team look inward and improve.

Quote:
Then there was the contract holdout.
Very common, it happens every year with a high profile player. This year, when my teenage neice didn't want to go to band camp because it was too hot and long, but wanted to keep her part on the flag squad, I told her she reminded me of a football star who holds out during training camp, claiming he wants more money even though he has a new contract, when really he just doesn't want to do the 2 a days in the hot sun, and thinks he's too good for a slave driving practice schedule. He is not alone, it happens all the time, he's not the first and he won't be the last.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Very common, it happens every year with a high profile player. This year, when my teenage neice didn't want to go to band camp because it was too hot and long, but wanted to keep her part on the flag squad, I told her she reminded me of a football star who holds out during training camp, claiming he wants more money even though he has a new contract, when really he just doesn't want to do the 2 a days in the hot sun, and thinks he's too good for a slave driving practice schedule. He is not alone, it happens all the time, he's not the first and he won't be the last.

So contract holdouts are because players don't want to take part in two-a-days? Where do you come up with these ideas?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
I still don't get the purple comment....what does that mean?
I think its referring to someone whose skin is extremely dark. Not sure but thats my guess.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm a 49er fan too, and I think it was hilarious when he did his stunt in the middle of the Dallas star. But I hate Dallas. If Irvin had done it to some other team, I'd think he was a dick. And he was, yes, I remember.

Sure I do! The only reason my hatred for Irvin has waned is because he is no longer on the field acting like an ass. BTW, it was ironically Irvin who brought about the bad QB comment by asking him if Farve was their QB would they be undefeated, or something like that. He only answered, with no tact, what he really thought. He's dangerous, 'cause he's honest.

I also like the Vikes, and thought Moss was hilarious too. If you knew the story behind his moon, you'd understand. Dungy said that while he shouldn't have done it, he had to laugh, knowing why he did it. Dungy, many years the Tampa coach taking many trips to Lambeau, said that the Packer fans had a habit of following opposing teams to their locker room after a loss, leaning over the railing mooning the players and yelling out taunts. As a Viking, this pissed Moss off, and he wanted his revenge against the Packer fans. That moon was his payback.

Sadly, Randy has now turned to the dark side. Perhaps TO can join him in Oakland.
I'm starting to gain some insight into your line of thinking (I aasume ), if someone is on a team you like (So far I know that inludes Indy, SF and Minn, possibly Philly), then he can do no wrong, TO can be a total douche, but its because he was compared to Grimace as a child.
If they play for a team you hate (NE, Dallas for sure, possibly Green Bay), then they could cure world hunger, end the Iraq war and save the rainforest, but they're still an asshole.

Perhaps you should judge all players by their actions, on and off the field, and not the helmet they wear when forming opinions about them...just a thought.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 08:20 AM
Well, we're just rooting for laundry anyway.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

One time he was goated into it by a leading question by Irvin. He was too stupid to realize he was being set up.

Also, Vanderjagt publically ripped Manning, and they're friends again, and it actually made the team look inward and improve.

Come on.

If a player does one of these things, you pay no mind.

It he does two of these things, you start to get agitated, but you probably have a face-to-face talk about it, and move on.

But when the same player pulls this shit 5-10 times in one year...I think the Eagles' reaction is entirely reasonable. I'm kind of amazed that they tolerated this behavior for so long. Do you think that Todd Pinkston would have lasted this long if he'd acted the way TO did?

(And you know...trying to cast a good light on a player by comparing him to Mike Vanderjagt is probably not a good tactic. Just a thought.)