Everclear's New Album of Cover Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Everclear released a new album last week called, The Vegas Years. It features these covers:

Tom Petty - American Girl
Neil Young - Pocahontas
Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl

Plus others. Seems like nice covers, except some of their other covers are cheesy 80's music covers. Thoughts?

I lost interest in Everclear after So Much for the Afterglow. They had a few pretty strong albums (I still listen to Sparkle and Fade a fair amount), but they fizzled for me after that. It seems odd that they still go by that name considering Art Alexakis is the only remaining original member. I could definitely hear him doing American Girl, but I'm not sure about the others. I feel like Everclear is past its shelf life now, but, like so many bands that enjoyed moderate success in the 90s, is trying to make a comeback that probably won't work.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
everclear still exist?

what headache said.

that thin lizzy cover is old. it sucked then, and i'm sure it sucks more now.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i wonder how this will compare to hootie and the blowfish's new album

Ha, ha. That's pretty funny. :up:

I don't like Everclear as near as used to. But it looks like their new album I shouldn't get. Thanks for the help, guys!

As much as I love Everclear, that Brown Eyed Girl cover was NEVER good. :tsk: for releasing it again

actually, if i remember correctly, that cover of "brown eyed girl" was on one of those songs for an american movie something or other albums. so that's old, too.

edit: nevermind, bono212 beat me to the punch on this one.

Nothing wrong with liking Hootie.....

Heartspark Dollarsign was an amazing song......

I don't like the idea of Everclear releasing a covers album though, though it's not really a proper album, just something that would seemingly be for harder core fans.

They're mostly, if not all, previously released. Apparently they released a new album after Slow Motion Daydream, too. Which I'm sure sucked as hard as SMD.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Apparently they released a new album after Slow Motion Daydream, too. Which I'm sure sucked as hard as SMD.

i think that was just art alexakis solo, no?

Back
Top Bottom