Even More Things Australian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Bolt has been found guilty of breaching the racial discrimination act :yippie: I haven't read the articles (titled "it's so hip to be black" and "white fellas in the black", about some aborigines he alleged had used their background to receive awards, sounds bad to me, he says it's a loss for freedom of speech) but hurrah to anything that impinges on that prick's ability to write shit.

He's honestly a shit excuse for a human being. Like many on the right-wing.

Oh I'm delighted that Bolt has finally been pinged for something. He's been skirting defamation and discrimination and incitement laws for years.

I read it on AdelaideNow, and was immediately reminded of why I hate going to AdelaideNow. More than half the readers thought what he was doing was okay. :doh:

I am sure there's a more appropriate place for discussion but whatchu guys think of the BDO line up so far? Royksopp is the only one I think I'd go out of my way to see, but I feel disappointed because my sister said Neon Indian were announced and they totally weren't.

Yeah, haha. Kanye's alright but I was hoping for a bigger surprise, I mean he was just at Splendour. Something out of left field would be really cool. Hope the Prince rumours are true.

Really thought Radiohead were gonna be announced.. It's all quite a let down really, as Killers and Pearl Jam were also rumoured and Cut Copy. I can't be fucked with Soundgarden, Cornell seems a prat.

Now I eagerly wait for Future, and hopefully a revival of V Festival.

Kanye West travelling around Australia for a month sounds like it really, really should have a documentary crew following it.

And as long as Radiohead do visit Australia on this tour, I think it not being on the BDO is a very good result for everyone.

BDO announcement is staggeringly weak. Barely anything I'm interested in seeing if they do sideshows. Looking forward to Laneway and Golden Plains being announced soon, though. They should spawn at least a handful of good sideshows.

Also, my money is that both Washed Out and Neon Indian will be back for the summer, but whether it'll be as part of a festival or stand-alone tours, I've no idea. Wouldn't be shocked if at least one's here for Laneway.

Will ask Alpine tonight if they're going to be part of any of the festivals and if they know any goss.

Also, my money is that both Washed Out and Neon Indian will be back for the summer, but whether it'll be as part of a festival or stand-alone tours, I've no idea. Wouldn't be shocked if at least one's here for Laneway.

I'm hoping it's one of those festivals, because I really can't see either of them doing stand-alone shows in Adelaide.

Fuck Okkervil River, I type while wearing an Okkervil River shirt.

andberlin - I actually was thinking of someone else I know in Canberra, but glad you survived too! I take it you made your flight okay?

Yeah, weekend dash to Auckland to watch the Wallabies lose to Ireland live - oh-so-painful that one! (it's Fiona here, btw - been away for more than aaaaages)

Based on what's been announced so far, this might be another BDO I'll be skipping. There are some decent acts on the list, but I need at least one or two names that make me go "ooooh I'd love to see them". Quite a few people at my work are excited about Soundgarden but they don't do much for me.

I reckon you'll definitely get Kanye sideshows. He'll bring a full on production down, worth it to spend the down days earning with that. What else is he going to do when he's in, you know, Adelaide. Go drink cans with Kasabian and trade war stories from U2 tours?

Point being - that's all I'd really be interested in seeing of the line up thus far. But announced so far is nothing, really. It's all those middle acts that fill it up that make it yay or nay. The initial Headliners + Aussie Heroes never make or break.

Danny, I heard a song by that 360 tosser yesterday. Good god, I see what you mean.

And alas, wasn't able to get any interesting goss out of Alpine last night except stuff that would only be of interest to serious fans of Alpine (which I think at the moment does not extend far beyond Charlotte and me). Unsurprisingly, a lot is still simply up in the air right now.

I reckon you'll definitely get Kanye sideshows. He'll bring a full on production down, worth it to spend the down days earning with that. What else is he going to do when he's in, you know, Adelaide. Go drink cans with Kasabian and trade war stories from U2 tours?

Would pay to see Kanye on a wine tour!

also fuq off m8

Where are you watching the grand final today?

I didn't :reject:

Would have been at 5am local time or something? And the effort required to get to one of the embarrassing bogan infested Australian bars showing it here, all in opposite ends of London to me... And I'm from Sydney anyway, and we don't follow sports in Sydney, we just follow teams, and once your/our team is out of something (or if they're just shit), that sport basically stops existing. But I am glad to wake up to see Geelong won, and it sounds like this Meatloaf performance is going to be worth watching.

Would have been at 5am local time or something? And the effort required to get to one of the embarrassing bogan infested Australian bars showing it here, all in opposite ends of London to me... And I'm from Sydney anyway, and we don't follow sports in Sydney, we just follow teams, and once your/our team is out of something (or if they're just shit), that sport basically stops existing. But I am glad to wake up to see Geelong won, and it sounds like this Meatloaf performance is going to be worth watching.
don't worry, the grand final worth watch will be on sunday. you can still catch that :wink:

Ah yes, the "Sydney" thing :wink: GF Day is the only day of the year that the inner bogan is allowed to be fully released and celebrated. My favourite day of the year. Track it down if you can - it was a great game. Meat Loaf was fucking atrocious.

I'm pretty sure Kim Beazley could've sung that set better than Meat Loaf did!

I was more upset about meatloaf than about the pies losing. I kept hoping someone would pull out his mic .It Was like watching your pissed drunk fat uncle do meatloaf karaoke at a BBQ. Why didn't the afl get cold chisel? That would have been bogantastic . Good game, hate living in Geelong when they win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom