Evanescence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
So I know a few people have heard My Immortal and Bring Me to Life from the Daredevil soundtrack - anyone picked up their cd yet?

I really liked Bring Me to Life so I picked it up, and I actually really like the whole album. I have never been into a band like this, their lyrics and feel of the music is so heavy and melancholy, but I am really drawn to it.

From what I know, they are Christians but do not want to be labeled as a Christian band. Trying to make some of the songs make sense with that perspective, any thoughts (or comments on the band/cd in general)?

They're from Little Rock so I hear so I'm supposed to like them by default. I'm not really into them though. Mmmm, Default.

One of my friends bought their album when it came out. It's not bad.

My only gripe is that for the most part they're just Linkin Park with a female singer.

they're good.. my friend has the cd and I really like my immortal :up: bring me to life is too overplayed and I got tired of it.. but it's still a good song

u2popmofo said:
One of my friends bought their album when it came out. It's not bad.

My only gripe is that for the most part they're just Linkin Park with a female singer.

i heard some song the other day. that's exactly what i thought, that it sounded mostly like linkin park with female vocals

but female singers rock.

i personally don't like the name that much.

i heard their song on the radio this one time and it was pretty cool

at my job, i am the one who orders the cds for our branch's catalog.

thanks to my browsing interference, our branch of the LVCCLD will soon carry evanescence's "fallen" cd. we will also carry "sing the sorrow" by AFI, "remote part" by idlewild, and "fado em mim" by mariza (heard of her through salome's journal, which by the way, sucks balls.) so...the people in my little town will now have a more diverse musical selection at their local library thanks to you guys.

I just heard them for the first time last night. Well, I heard Bring Me to Life, and I really enjoyed it. Maybe I should look into getting more of their stuff...

edited to say: if they didn't have the rapper in it, i would like it even more. Her voice is nice, the music is good, but the rap gets a bit tiring...

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
at my job, i am the one who orders the cds for our branch's catalog.

thanks to my browsing interference, our branch of the LVCCLD will soon carry evanescence's "fallen" cd. we will also carry "sing the sorrow" by AFI, "remote part" by idlewild, and "fado em mim" by mariza (heard of her through salome's journal, which by the way, sucks balls.) so...the people in my little town will now have a more diverse musical selection at their local library thanks to you guys.

Right on!!!! :wave:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
edited to say: if they didn't have the rapper in it, i would like it even more. Her voice is nice, the music is good, but the rap gets a bit tiring...

I totally agree with you on that Sweetest Thing

:shifty: FYI, Evanescence is on Wind Up records, which happens to be owned by Mr. Scott Stapp of *****.... :ohmy: :macdevil:

Evanescence Set Pulled From Christian Distribution
Provident Music Distribution, the Christian distribution arm of Zomba, says it will no longer handle Wind-Up Records act Evanescence for the Christian retail market, Billboard Bulletin reports. The move follows published reports in which the band used profanity and made clear that it does not want to be known as a Christian act.

Don Noes, senior VP of Provident -- which had been distributing Evanescence's debut album, "Fallen" -- has issued a letter to its accounts saying Wind-Up has recalled the band's product from Christian retail. Noes tells accounts they can return Evanescence product for full credit.

Evanescence member Ben Moody was quoted recently in Entertainment Weekly as saying, "We're actually high on the Christian charts, and I'm like, What the f*** are we even doing there?"

"Fallen" is No. 1 on this week's Top Contemporary Christian Albums chart and No. 9 on The Billboard 200, while the single "Bring Me To Life" featuring Paul McCoy is No. 2 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks airplay chart. Material by Evanescence will be removed from subsequent Christian charts.

In a letter to Provident, Wind-Up chairman/CEO Alan Meltzer apologizes for "an unfortunate and embarrassing situation" and vows that in the future, the label will scrutinize "Christian artists' beliefs and commitment with even greater diligence."
-- Deborah Evans Price, Nashville

bonosloveslave said:
The 'rapper' guy on 'Bring Me to Life' is just doing guest vocals - he has his own band, 12 Stones - that is the only song he is on on this cd.

Really? So there's no rap on the rest of the cd?

I :heart: that girl's voice...

Nope, nothing else resembling rap on the cd.

That article surpises me EP - that they sooooooo vocally do not want any association with "Christian" charts etc. :scratch:

Evanescence is in my city tonight (OKC), and they did an interview on the radio this afternoon. Ben and Amy are the kids' names, although there are other band members, who seem to be hired on for touring, etc.

For the most part, they sounded like cool people. They played one of their songs, but I didn't catch the name. It sounded alright...intriguing, but not knock-me-down breathtaking or anything. They talked about the "Christian band or not?" controversy. From what I could tell, they were surprised to find themselves being labelled as a Christian band (in the way that you might call DC Talk a Christian group, not in the way you'd call U2 a Christian group). So they tried to be truthful and say, well, we're not what people are thinking of when it comes to contemporary Christian music. People took that to mean "We're offended to be associated with Christianity, we love Satan, etc." when I think they were just trying to be up front about the type of music they play. Indeed, I work with someone who only listens to Christian music, and I know she'd be shocked if she bought an album that turned out to have any swear words at all on it.

Wish I'd known about them sooner, as I would have liked to check them out at their show tonight. Anyway, they gave the impression that this Christian controversy is a ridiculous misunderstanding. Amy, the singer, said it was kind of a shame that they were getting famous because of it rather than the music. I would have to agree.

So there you go. I'm interested to hear more, that's for sure.

theSoulfulMofo said:
:shifty: FYI, Evanescence is on Wind Up records, which happens to be owned by Mr. Scott Stapp of *****.... :ohmy: :macdevil:

From what I'm aware of, WindUp is/was *****'s record label, but is not owned by its singer. I lived in Tallahassee at the time ***** became popular and remember when WindUp was scouting them out. WindUp also scouted one of my friends' bands, and no mention of *****'s buying into WindUp was mentioned, or have I heard anything about that. :shrug:

So I keep hearing their big single on the rock station here in town. The girl's voice is interesting to listen to, but I don't know how many power chords I can handle in one song. And too bad about the Linkin Park vibe.

Overall, I feel like this about Evanescence so far. :|

Hi Heartland Girl! :wave:

Really, the rest of the cd is worth a listen - they do have a harder/dark feel, but I think that "Bring Me to Life" is the only song on there that resembles Linkin Park.

I listened to the cd at a listening post and it is far too nu-metal

If they were a little better they could be more like Incubus

but that is not even a great compliment in itself

not my forte :sexywink:

Basstrap said:
I listened to the cd at a listening post and it is far too nu-metal

If they were a little better they could be more like Incubus

but that is not even a great compliment in itself

not my forte :sexywink:

:kiss:

I heard/watched one of their clips this morning on RAGE. I knew I 'd heard of them before...it was here:)
I liked that song, always good to see a woman out front...imho.

speaking of women out front....they were reading out Courtney Loves ad in a NY newspaper on the radio this morning. She wants a new band apparently..The end bit was funny "...must look like a Goddess, no boys"
Come on now Courtney... I know who a few boys who would pass as Goddesses.

You all love hatin' on harmless bands.

It's about love people, not hate.

Last edited:
it's a sad day when i agree with deathbear. it's an especially sadder day when my agreeing with deathbear means that i'm disagreeing with mofo.

i hate crappy music. i consider evanescence crap.

Back
Top Bottom