European under-21 championship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rockin edge said:
when & where is the tournament?

Portugal

Here's everything you need to know:

GROUP A

PORTUGAL-FRANCE-SERBIA-GERMANY

23 May: PORTUGAL-FRANCE/ SERBIA-GERMANY
25 May: PORTUGAL-SERBIA/ FRANCE-GERMANY
28 May: FRANCE-SERBIA/ GERMANY-PORTUGAL

GROUP B

ITALY-DENMARK-UKRAINE-NETHERLANDS

24 May: ITALY-DENMARK/ UKRAINE-NETHERLANDS
26 May: ITALY-UKRAINE/ DENMARK-NETHERLANDS
29 May: DENMARK-UKRAINE/ NETHERLANDS-ITALY

SEMIFINALS

WINNER GROUP A-SECOND GROUP B-----------------1 June
WINNER GROUP B-SECOND GROUP A-----------------1 June

FINAL (IN PORTO)-------------------4 JUNE

I only know Portugal squad... i don't know if the other nations are good or bad... but anyway, my nation's squad (Portugal) sucks so... hope the best wins...

Portugal always had great U21,don't know this year, but they were always strong. Still remember when Figo, Joao Pinto, Rui Costa and many others were playing for U21. That was a great generation of players for Portugal

babyman said:

England took part very few times.i find it strange that the federation doesn't try to improve the U21 level

that's not right :down: good U21 teams are good for the future of anyones football teams.

but then it wouldn't be the first time i thought the FA did someting badly. :tsk:

babyman said:
Portugal always had great U21,don't know this year, but they were always strong. Still remember when Figo, Joao Pinto, Rui Costa and many others were playing for U21. That was a great generation of players for Portugal

This year the good ones are Quaresma, Moutinho and Manuel Fernandes among others... Don't know if anybody heard of them. Probably not but I'm sure one day you will ;) I think the team is preety good:wink:

annie_vox said:

This year the good ones are Quaresma, Moutinho and Manuel Fernandes among others... Don't know if anybody heard of them. Probably not but I'm sure one day you will ;) I think the team is preety good:wink:

no it is not.... as it was shown last night against france... horrific display...

the rockin edge said:

that's not right :down: good U21 teams are good for the future of anyones football teams.

Yeah, but look at Italy. Our U21 has won several times in the last years, 5 times since 1992. But once they got in the A-Team their will to win seemed to vanished. I sometimes prefer much more the U21, they're all youngies and they like to play and win. They put more enthusiasm, and that's what counts mostly in football, in my opinion.

First results:

GROUP A

PORTUGAL-FRANCE 0-1

41' VALE (OWNGOAL)

SERBIA-GERMANY 0-1

61' POLANSKI

1 GERMANY 3
2 FRANCE 3
3 SERBIA 0
4 PORTUGAL 0

Today's games:

Netherlands-Ukraine
Italy-Denmark

Yesterday games:

Group B

Ukraine-Netherlands 2-1

39' Milevskiy (pen) 1-0/ 51' Fomin 2-0/ 92' Luirink 2-1

Italy-Denmark 3-3

15' Potenza 1-0/ 21' Wuertz 1-1/ 33' Kahlenberg 1-2/ 41' Andreasen 1-3/ 61' Palladino2-3/ 90' Bianchi 3-3

1 Ukraine 3
2 Denmark 1
3 Italy 1
4 Netherlands 0

Todays games:

Group A:

France (3)-Germany(3)
Portugal(0)-Serbia(0)

Group A

France-Germany 3-0

45' Sinama Pongalle 1-0/ 71' Gouffran 2-0/ 75' Mavuba 3-0

Portugal-Serbia 0-2

17' Ze Castro (owngoal) 0-1/ 65' Ivanovic 0-2

Portugal scored 2 owngoals in 2 games...............gotta say them where to shoot!:wink:

1 France 6
2 Germany 3
3 Serbia 3
4 Portugal 0

Today's games:

Group B

Denmark(1)-Netherlands(0)
Italy(1)-Ukraine(3)

but babyman if you see the match Portugal - Serbia you would see that it was not because of the own goals they lost. The team was f****** clueless in the pitch :mad: :madspit: I never saw a team playing that bad:mad:

Did they play bad? I wonder about, actually. I thought Portugal would have been a hard team to beat. Anyway, Serbia U21 is one of the best european team, it was a big surprise they lost against Germany. They must risk everything against France now.
The portuguese A-team will do surely a fine WorldCup
;)

What a finish in group A. Serbia lost to France 2-0 and Germans had secure place in the semifinal with draw.And they had draw all until 94 minute when Portugal scored and sent them home.Although i'm very happy for Serbia I think we did not deserve that.I feel bit sorry for Germany.

Looks like the semifinals gotta be France-Ukraine and Italy-Serbia..............................revenge on its way?

:wink:

Let's see tonight what happens, Italy needs a point, but the guys have stated they want to win, even Netherlands isn't strong like I thought they were. But they must not get undervalued. Anyway, France is showing a few things, they're the team to beat

Back
Top Bottom