Europe - which places

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I plan to visit europe soon ( probably based in italy ) for 3 months. Can someone tell me which places i should visit in italy and nearby. if i go i will surely visit paris but apart from Rome, Milan and Paris, I am not sure which all european places should be visited. I've already been to Switz & UK. I was wondering whether any interferencer ( in EU countries) is interested to meet a hardcore Radiohead/U2 fan called AcrobatMan :wink:.. Is poland in EU ??

Looks like this year gonna be more fun than the last year :) .

AcrobatMan said:
Is poland in EU ??

I don't think Poland becomes a full EU member until May, and won't adopt the Euro for another five years or so. I'm not sure whether visa requirements will change in May or later, though. :slant:

You can't go wrong anywhere in Italy...and I am also a bit of a Francophile so besides Paris I'd recommend Lyon (the food!!! :drool: ) and Aix-en-Provence.

My other favorite European cities are Berlin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Barcelona and Madrid.

You?re always welcome in Vienna. It?s near to Italy, offers lots of classical music, some fine clubs, and whatever your heart desires :evil:

There's so many places I want to go to in Europe. I guess these will be the places I am most interested (anxious) to go to:

Iceland
Ireland
Scotland
France (particularly Paris)
St. Petersburg
Greece
Prague
Venice
Barcelona

for prague, seperate visa would be needed -looks like that option is difficult

actually i want to visit as many as of schengen countries
(that can be visited by schengen visa) - Euros permitting

Austria -looks nearest & high chance of touring it
France - definitely go to paris
Norway, Denmark ,Finland , Iceland , Sweden- TOO FAR :(
Netherlands , Luxembourg, Belgium - 50-50 chance for holland, lux and belg..money permitting

Spain, Portugal , Greece - ??

Germany - money permitting, not sure

I will definitely try to find out about all cities ( which fall in above countries) mentioned in this thread.

I will obviously buy a Europe tour guide when the tour is finalised.

Any other things which you think should not be missed - please post. Any rock shows. Anything different. Anything musical.

Thanks all. :)

- AcrobatMan

:wink: Oh, I was going to suggest that spain! Don't miss it! and i've always wanted to see the South of France! but have fun anywhere ya go! don't skip Isle of Capri!:wink:

Hey. I?m not a premium member anymore. lol. No More PMs. Since I neither can access your profile - I thought profiles were accessible... dear me! ... hm.. I will ask one of my friends on Interference to forward you my email address.

Definitely Italy - I would go for Venice, Siena, Ravenna, Firenze and Rome.

I love Bavaria, so I'd go there, and Austria is one of my favourite places on earth. I lived in Burgenland for a while and then in Vienna (Aspern), but I've travelled around the country too.

I like England, and I have loved London for a long time. Tons of things to do, never a boring moment.

Don't discount Eastern Europe - IMO, Prague is a must. The Paris of the East as they say. Budapest is just as charming, and Dubrovnik is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with probably the most stunning geographical location.

I haven't been to Spain, but I'd love to go.

Back
Top Bottom