Europe vs America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bastian

The Fly
I read on many threads how some people in this forum (like DebbieSG and Flag Pole Pear) critic european musical taste. Are you serious or what?
What about that N' Synck rubbish that America loves?(here in Europe N' Synck doesn't sell one record!)
What about that crappy rap and rap\metal music that always dominates Billboard radio charts?
What about all that disgusting american pop stars like Britney and Christina Aguilera?
What about all that boring country music?
It's all american stuff!
I wrote about Creed just to understand why an american phenomenon didn't reach Europe, I'm not a Creed fan I just said that One last breath is a nice song.
America loves Creed not Europe!
Europe loves Coldplay, Radiohead and U2
Europe loves U2 much more than America
And remember U2 IS FROM EUROPE and U2 MUSIC IS EUROPEAN MUSIC!

Last edited:
Europe'smusical taste smoke North America's agreed but lets not forget all those British pop bands that multiplied like maggots a fw years ago and to my knowledge continue. Plus We can blame Europe for Eifle 64, or whatever they were called, I just hate that song blue. So Europe salso has its share of shite.

But being from Canada I like to think we've got better musical tastet than Americans, Nickleback and its ilk aside.

the top canadian performers are usually talented artists a la Blue Rodeo, Tragically Hip, OLP, Rheostatics, Rufus Wainwright

side note: only the first OLP cd is actually good. And it's pretty good

We have a couple boy bands and whatnot but they are not successful

Hello there Bastian
Just to clarify one thing, I sincerely doubt anyone whom you mentioned is treating this as a Europe Vs America thing. I thought the country of origin is really low on the list of pros and cons to these particular bands. Flag Pole Pear is just an outright Creed hater. Its got nothing to do with America, Europe, Canada or anywhere. If you want to understand why the Creed phenomenon has not reached Europe, yet is loved by America, here is really not the best place to ponder those questions. Not because no one has those answers, but more because this board is predominantly anti Creed - as much as it is anti pop (see: Christina, Britney etc.) To be honest, I cant imagine why anyone would rate a band simply because of their origin. Its not an anti Europe thing.
Also, just a suggestion, making this a personal thing about these people is not the best idea. Especially as Flag Pole Pear is not an American. He loves Radiohead and of course U2, so that negates the Europe/America thing right off. Threads like this will continue to close as posts are so vehement in their hate of Creed and such that it is impossible to keep them friendly and valid.
Dont be surprised if this is closed before or after a fight breaks out!

I don't base my like or dislike of any band or artist on what country they happen to be from. Good music is good music, period...end of story :)

Bastian said:
I read on many threads how some people in this forum (like DebbieSG and Flag Pole Pear) critic european musical taste. Are you serious or what?
What about that N' Synck rubbish that America loves?(here in Europe N' Synck doesn't sell one record!)
What about that crappy rap and rap\metal music that always dominates Billboard radio charts?
What about all that disgusting american pop stars like Britney and Christina Aguilera?
What about all that boring country music?
It's all american stuff!
I wrote about Creed just to understand why an american phenomenon didn't reach Europe, I'm not a Creed fan I just said that One last breath is a nice song.
America loves Creed not Europe!
Europe loves Coldplay, Radiohead and U2
Europe loves U2 much more than America
And remember U2 IS FROM EUROPE and U2 MUSIC IS EUROPEAN MUSIC!

There was a thing in the news a while back how there were no British bands in the american charts one week

Lots of our music sucks but I like it

And nobody buys N-sync records in Europe?!!? :laugh: Yes they do.... I like Creed :| I like rap :| And how do you know america likes U2 less :|

uh, what are you talking about?

i basically ONLY like european music. theres a few like the pumpkins, pearl jam, rem from north america that are good, but everything else thats good pretty much comes from the old world.

thanks for clarifying everything so deligently, angela harlem. :sexywink:

How many records did David Hasselhoff sell in Europe? A ton. How many did he sell in America? Zip. Also, N'Sync and Backstreet Boy got their start touring Europe. I don't think America has better taste than Europe, both sides like crap cause good marketing works everywhere.

MrBrau1 said:
How many records did David Hasselhoff sell in Europe? A ton. How many did he sell in America? Zip.

Germans love David Hasselhoff

This is a ridiculous thread. Europe vs. America :rolleyes:

I can't even comment because competition like that is stupid. How old are you?

MrBrau1 said:
How many records did David Hasselhoff sell in Europe? A ton. How many did he sell in America? Zip. Also, N'Sync and Backstreet Boy got their start touring Europe. I don't think America has better taste than Europe, both sides like crap cause good marketing works everywhere.

Thank you. :sigh:

Flag Pole Pear said:
LOL, i love angel. :flirt:

does it surprise you he started a pro-creed thread?

I didn't start a pro-Creed thread I just wanted some info about it, I REALLY didn't know that people in this forum hate so vehemently Creed.
Sorry, I' m new here. Being a U2 fan I considered Feedback as the natural place where to talk with american guys even about other artists.
The whole Europe Vs America thing is just an angry reaction to some posts and I apologize for it.
I love America and think that it creates a lot of wonderful music like Smashing Pumpkins, the first Pearl Jam (ten), Metallica (own all its albums 'till the black one), Puddle of Mudd (Blurry is an amazing song) and many others.
Sorry again I don't want to argue with people that love my favourite band ever

Well there is some fact to the better music argument. THe US record instustry is chokingly monopolized while the Britush music industry while not free of big corperate interest has way more labels than the US. Basically if you don't get on a big label in the US by convincing them of your marketablity you become an indie band and maybe if you're really lucky you're music will find a big enough audience that you'll get noticed by a major label. The UK'
s music industry is more open so there's a better chance that bands will get support to get out into the larger market. There's still corperate manufactured pop, but it doean' dominate the air waves quite as much. It's still there, I've seen enough shite win awards at the Brits to know that.

Bastian said:
The whole Europe Vs America thing is just an angry reaction to some posts and I apologize for it.
I love America and think that it creates a lot of wonderful music like Smashing Pumpkins, the first Pearl Jam (ten), Metallica (own all its albums 'till the black one), Puddle of Mudd (Blurry is an amazing song) and many others.
Sorry again I don't want to argue with people that love my favourite band ever

it's all good bastian. i think i've just reached my limit with the whole "america vs. europe, canada, venus, my ass" threads. they seem to have overtaken the whole forum as of late.

:wave:

no worries. I am not here to fight either. I just hate competition. No country is better than another musically. We are all different and that's what makes life great.
To each his own. You may like Creed all you want. :)

Angel said:
no worries. I am not here to fight either. I just hate competition. No country is better than another musically. We are all different and that's what makes life great.

Like we should have an Ireland vs rest of the world thread :rolleyes:

I love your wee picture in your sig Angel :cute:

I'm sorry. I'm just very biased when it comes to European music. Grew up listening to it and was never able to shake it off. That's not to say American music entirely sucks. I just prefer Euro music, that's all. ;)

Angel said:

Thanks Angel, you are really right
All that matters in music is beauty and not the country of origin

then you had to mention puddle of mudd... man oh man, were gonna have to work on you old boy... :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom