Euro 2008 --> The Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So lightning struck a tower or something in Basel and no television is able to broadcast the match. Wonder if they'll stop it or not (I know they would for hockey$)

Undeserved victory. They were poor throughout. :down:

That's a tradition. :wink:

No, it was pretty bad and the Turks have been the better team. They should've won.
The problem was there was a storm and lightning in Vienna from where the TV signals were sent and they had a blackout. I don't know about the other TV stations, but German TV quickly got a hold of Swiss satellite signal and that way could broadcast most of the second half.

I was at work during the game but I managed to find an online stream via Google search...Turkish commentators ironically enough.

Very exciting!! :yippie: I was cheering loudly, thankfully there weren't a lot of people around at the time :shifty:

Poor Turkey.

The German war machine churns out another victory, the Turkish looked shell shocked. Podolski gets great pleasure in bombing down the wing. ( that wasnt a reference to the war btw )

Germany play the same style football as us with the only difference being there much better at it than us.

I was at work during the game but I managed to find an online stream via Google search...Turkish commentators ironically enough.

Very exciting!! :yippie: I was cheering loudly, thankfully there weren't a lot of people around at the time :shifty:

If you are finding yourself in that situation on Sunday you could try ARD.de - Homepage
Don't know if it's available abroad, but they are streaming the game.

Poor Turkey.

The German war machine churns out another victory, the Turkish looked shell shocked. Podolski gets great pleasure in bombing down the wing. ( that wasnt a reference to the war btw )

Germany play the same style football as us with the only difference being there much better at it than us.

Are you a sun reader by any chance? :wink:

I loved the last goal by Lahm. In the short corner from that angle,.. great.
He also scored a very nice goal at the world cup against Costa Rica: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSSrIx1i0Fk&feature=related

/QUOTE]

No i dont read newspapers any more :lol:
Germany have a hell of a lot more to do if they want to win the trophy, they could come unstuck v any one of the semi finalists in the Spain Russia game.

If Russia dont beat Spain i be cheering on Germany all the way :)

Wow what a match! Turkey played so well but Germany is just an unstoppable machine! :ohmy: Lahm's goal was brilliant!

/QUOTE]

No i dont read newspapers any more :lol:
Germany have a hell of a lot more to do if they want to win the trophy, they could come unstuck v any one of the semi finalists in the Spain Russia game.

If Russia dont beat Spain i be cheering on Germany all the way :)

Let's see how it goes. After the match against Austria I was almost mad they won, and then against Portugal they played quite impressive.
Germany often had trouble with the smaller and considerably weaker teams. They really have to overcome this nervousness or fear of losing or whatever it is.

Yep, good game by Spain (especially the second half). The Russians were like the Dutch in the QF. Just not good enough and not reaching the level of their previous matches.

Should make for an interesting final.
It seems like the teams playing so impressive totally give all their energy at the game before and then lack the energy needed to win the game after. Though in the case of Holland most of the players had quite a break, but they played without any energy.
Now the Russians have been totally exhausted and Spain did an impressive performance.

But in the end, hardly anyone expected Germany to beat Portugal, so we shouldn't bury our heads. Nevertheless, from the quality of playing Spain should be the natural winner.

Well, but one should consider that the Spaniards always choke in big moments... that is why they haven't won a single World Cup and just one Euro... so I give the edge to the Germans.

Back
Top Bottom