Euro 2008 --> The Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't see Spain-Russia game but I'm not watching one more halftime of the lame passes of the defense line of the title defenders. Boo on Sweden as well.

it might come off as being a little rich for me being a big england fan and to rag on greece, but they have no right being in this tournament. yeah, i know they qualified, etc. etc., but they play the WORST brand of football in europe.

thankfully ibrahimovic saves the day.

zlatan... the sultan of sting... :sexywink:

yeah

great mood here in Vienna even if Austria has lost the game
we weren´t playing bad against Croatia though - but no luck

I´m sorry for Italy..

and saw Poland - Germany with 3 Polish friends, we were surrounded by Germans lol

were you in the fan zone by chance? we might have ran into each other without knowing it.

i hate crowds like that... i need space. thought i was going to die in the crush of people trying to get in for the match.

why should the dutch pay for an italian defender smacking into the italian goalkeeper

and pretending to be injured.

italy got what they deserved. they need youth on this team in the worst way.

what got me most was how awful their defensive play was... their coverage on the counter-attack was stunningly awful.

my boss is going to the Italy - Netherlands match next Monday
he probably got some tickets as a gife somewhere
as he's Italian I hope he'll be in a bad mood when he returns to the office :D

Has he already dared to show his face in the office? :evil:

Boy, lots of people upset that even after the ref unfairly reduced Italy to 10 men with lots of time to go the Aussies STILL couldn't win....

lol...that's not why we're upset. I wouldn't have minded if the Aussies had lost fair and square but Italy was awarded a penalty kick AFTER the game was officially over and it was that kick that sent the Socceroos home.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

^technically the referee's fault then, not something you could blame on the Italians...if you want to watch one of the dirtiest games ever I suggest the Portugal vs Holland match from the last world cup...most red cards ever at the World cup...even in it most of the time the way these matches go can be blamed on poor refereeing, so I don't get the hate for the Italians because of the Aussie match, the Italians were equally robbed in South Korea as far as I can remember.

All that said the Italians did deserve to lose, a very lacklustre display...what they need to do is play Chiellini and Gamberini at centre back, start Grosso keep Panucci. Play Pirlo and De Rossi, Gattuso looks a bit spent these days. Start with Cassano and Del Piero, keep Di Natale on and give Borriello a go instead of Luca Toni who looked really bad the other night. Aquilani should also be given a decent run out.

lol...that's not why we're upset. I wouldn't have minded if the Aussies had lost fair and square but Italy was awarded a penalty kick AFTER the game was officially over and it was that kick that sent the Socceroos home.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

Would never have come to that if the Ref didn't send off Materazzi in the 50th minute

The Aussies were dominated up until that point, it was only a matter of time

And the penalty was during the game, what kind of comment was that ?

^technically the referee's fault then, not something you could blame on the Italians...if you want to watch one of the dirtiest games ever I suggest the Portugal vs Holland match from the last world cup...most red cards ever at the World cup...even in it most of the time the way these matches go can be blamed on poor refereeing, so I don't get the hate for the Italians because of the Aussie match, the Italians were equally robbed in South Korea as far as I can remember.

Yes, they were. Of course, then it was in favor of the plucky underdogs so it isn't very fashionable to complain about it. Quite honestly though they had their chances to put that one away in regulation too and didn't take them. Then they got fucked big time in Extra Time.

This Czech-Portugal game is easily the most fluid game so far

Love seeing the end to end action

Wow. Sucks to be Switzerland. Lost Alex Frei in the first game, ran their butts off in back-to-back games (one in a downpour) and get an early trip home to show for it.

Also, if Turkey and Czech Republic draw their last match, second place in the group will be determined by fair-play scores and then a coin flip, as both teams currently have 3 points, 2 goals for and 3 goals against.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it'll be penalty kicks since it's just a 2-way tie.

if czech and turkey tie, czech will go through due to their having earned my points in the qualifying stages.

deco_cristianoportugal110608_ES.jpg

amen!!!

6/1 on klose to score first £5
5/1 Germany to win and Austria/poland to draw £2.50

My bets for today. I need money to go out on firday, im totally broke :lol:

Bastian Pighumper looked like a game-changer, look for him to tear Austria apart.

Oh, wait...

I thought before the tournament this German team isn't all that good and I still think that

then again
they will get the result they need in the 3rd group match
and once the group stages are over so much depends on having a good day and some luck that anything can happen

And the old truth rears its head again. When a team gets some huge chances to score, but fails to do so, then the other team will.

Now it has to stay 1-0 for Poland, as that's my half-time prediction. :)

^yep that sucked! :tsk: :down:

How do you mean "sucked"? :D
we were great, we demolished Germany the same way we did England 2 times...we were so good that Germany forgot how to play this game. Opponent is playing how much you let him, and we didn't give Germans an ounce of chance :)

oh, today is a good day :)

Wow, Croatia was good! :ohmy:

Sorry for the Germans, Anna, but WE are losing as well.

Edit: OK, penalty, we scored a goal. Poland-Austria 1:1

Finally the referee made a good decision, he has been a little unfair on the Austrian team before.

I don't think that was a penalty - I admit Austria had their chances so maybe a draw is fair.

It was a clear penalty. shirt-pulling. good eye by the ref.

Very undisciplined and amateurish by the polish player to do that at that moment of the game.

Doesn't matter much, though; none of these two teams will go through to the 1/4-finals.

Back
Top Bottom