Euro 2008 --> The Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh shit, the war of the horns (and crackers) has begun. That can be a loooong night.

I guess next Wednesday their string of luck will end. I hope. :evil:

I wanted Croatia to do well, they taught us a valuable lesson in taking qualification for granted.

Oh shit, the war of the horns (and crackers) has begun. That can be a loooong night.

Yes, same here.

Though the people living in the house across the road from me seem to be Croatians, because from their cheering I learned that Croatia has actually scored a goal. Both teams seem to have slept for 2 hours, bad game.

I missed the Germany Portugal game because I was out at a concert. :( From the score, it looks like it was a great match!

I have a feeling Germany will crush the Turks :yes::D

If they play as they did against Portugal it should be not much of a problem, but the German team sometimes is so unreliable and often a bit too arrogant to take a win against a team like Turkey for granted.
We will see. I probably won't have time to go anywhere for the game, but that might not be that bad. :wink:
No, seriously, if we win I hope the Turkish here in Berlin take that as sportsmen, but sadly it's not always like that.
If they win I hope the Germans take that as sportsmen, but we have made some bad experiences in the past either.

Yes, same here.

Though the people living in the house across the road from me seem to be Croatians, because from their cheering I learned that Croatia has actually scored a goal. Both teams seem to have slept for 2 hours, bad game.

I watched a "livestream" by ARD yesterday, but that wasn't really live. Before the first free kick was carried out I knew it was a goal because of the noise outside. :D And every time I would open the full screen mode the browser would die or the buffering wouldn't be fast enough, no matter what browser I used. Was definitely a problem with ARD.

I missed the Germany Portugal game because I was out at a concert. :( From the score, it looks like it was a great match!

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great to be sad about having missed it for a concert. :)

Yeah I remember that Berlin has a huge Turkish population...that should make for an interesting time on Wednesday...:uhoh: But you're right, hopefully everyone will take whatever happens well.

Back
Top Bottom