EURO 2008 draw - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Crouch

Old 12-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:17 AM
why is crouch overhyped? he's barely started a game this season for liverpool. and every time he has played he's played well.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
why is crouch overhyped? he's barely started a game this season for liverpool. and every time he has played he's played well.
Sorry, just coming from an Aussie perspective, the media like to talk him up cause he's English and we're supposed to support the English national side as a second team down here, according to the Aussie mainstream media anyway.....
Old 12-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

Sorry, just coming from an Aussie perspective, the media like to talk him up cause he's English and we're supposed to support the English national side as a second team down here, according to the Aussie mainstream media anyway.....

So the Aussie media talks up EVERY english player, or is it just Crouch......? Just don't understood.....

Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

If they're English, their talked up. It's as simple as that.

You never hear about the brilliance of players like Pirlo, Gattuso, Messi, Schweinstieger....
Old 12-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Probably it's more political reason. How much is european football followed in Australia? Has it a big audience? Do you have live broadcasting or so?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

to be fair i saw some of that LA galaxy vs sydney fc match and the aussie commentators just wouldn't shut up about beckham. i know that he's probably the only reason why a lot of fans turned up to see that game but still. all through the match they just went on and on about his career highlights, his best goals, how popular he is over the world, what he's doing now, how perfect his free kicks are ect...
Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
to be fair i saw some of that LA galaxy vs sydney fc match and the aussie commentators just wouldn't shut up about beckham. i know that he's probably the only reason why a lot of fans turned up to see that game but still. all through the match they just went on and on about his career highlights, his best goals, how popular he is over the world, what he's doing now, how perfect his free kicks are ect...

Seems obvious that this isn't any true football comment, just conventional talking..........................
Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 AM   #54
Refugee

Local Time: 12:17 AM
Wow, this 1 nearly passed me by, for some strange reason. I'll go for Spain to win.
Its a long way off yet, and for obvious reasons I'm not particularly looking forward to it at the moment, but when its time for kick-off I imagine I'll watch most of the matches, as Zoomerang said, group C really is a monster of a group, which from a neutrals point of view makes it all the more interesting.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i'm still toying as to whether i should put a sneaky bet on spain to win. they're probably technically the best team in europe (fabregas can't get a game for them despite being the 2nd best player in arguably the best league in the world, THAT'S how good their midfield is).

the only problem is they always bottle it on the big stage. one day that's got to change though surely??
Old 01-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #56
Refugee

Local Time: 12:17 AM
Quote:
i'm still toying as to whether i should put a sneaky bet on spain to win. they're probably technically the best team in europe (fabregas can't get a game for them despite being the 2nd best player in arguably the best league in the world, THAT'S how good their midfield is).

the only problem is they always bottle it on the big stage. one day that's got to change though surely??
Well, seeing as england chose to have a rest this season (ahem, ) 1Step, I'd really like to see Spain win this tournament, as you rightly point out technically they are a fabulous team, with some wonderful players, but if 1 national side have tried to outdo ingerland as mega underachievers Spain are that team.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:17 PM
why do the Dutch always get the worst draws in group play?

Hopefully we come out of this.