Eternal Sunshine (Part II)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
the other thread is archived

best movie I've seen this year, perhaps. I love it. I loved Jim Carrey's acting...I want him to keep doing this...take a break from stupid comedy's for a while. He's never been better.

I hate these kinds of love stories though cos they make me depressed

this quote is me all over:

"Why do I fall in love with every girl who pays the least bit of attention to me?"

OH MY SWEET JESUS

I ask myself that question every fucking day

:up: x10

I had been looking forward to the film for months, and when it finally came out, I wasn't disappointed at all. Jim Carrey finally found a serious role that was actually good and well-received. I love Michel Gondry, too :heart: I only regret only seeing it once in the theatre -- our second-run theatre said they were going to show it, but it never appeared. :slant:

It's out on DVD here tomorrow. I haven't seen it yet, even though I've had it on my computer for about six months. :reject:

I thought it was a thoroughly depressing and confusing film. What a sad, sad concept - erasing someone you loved from your memory. As someone who is in a wonderful relationship, I just found this to be so disturbing and couldn't imagine going through the mental anguish and desperation that was portrayed in this film. This is one of the most heartwrenching movies I've ever seen.

It's odd - in the past year, I've seen myself portrayed very accurately on screen in two films - Clementine in Eternal Sunshine and Sam in Garden State. :crazy:

garden state, what a fantastic film. :up:

i'm excited to see sunshine, missed it in the theatres, but i'll be picking it up as a rental next movie night.

I just saw it again last night on DVD with a friend who hadn't seen it and he was also confused and I had to fill him in. Weird, I didn't find it confusing when I saw it in the theatre. I mean, there were times when I didn't know what was going on but I knew I wasn't supposed to yet so it was fun just piecing it all together as it went along.

I think it's brilliant. I didn't find it sad at all. Certainly there was sadness in it, but also so much love and hope and sweetness (and if I say more I'll say too much).

I agree with Bassy--best movie of the year by far. :up: Best performances by Carrey and Winslet I've ever seen. It's rare to see that kind of natural chemistry and comfortableness between two actors on the screen. I also loved Mark Ruffalo. Not to mention the beautiful cinematography and soundtrack.

SPOILERS

I love it when they realize they've been in a relationship before! and then decide to go for it again, despite knowing they will get bored and annoyed with each other.
there is a great commentary on love there

Basstrap said:
SPOILERS

I love it when they realize they've been in a relationship before! and then decide to go for it again, despite knowing they will get bored and annoyed with each other.
there is a great commentary on love there

That's what I meant when I said it wasn't sad.

I thought the movie was brilliant. I'd highly recommend the movie, but caution that it's not for everyone. My friends came out of the theatre saying, "I didn't get it." I thought the movie started like a 1000 pc. jig saw puzzle dumped on the floor without knowing the picture on the box. I sat throughout most of the movie in confusion and a little annoyed to be confused, but left the theatre thinking that it was a wonderfully told story. Plus, I really liked the charachters Joel and Clementine, and their romance.

you know what was particularly creepy? the playing of "everybody's gotta learn sometimes" when it gets all distorted, even the song itself...

i doubt anyone remembers what i'm talking about. <_<

anyway, this movie rules hardcore.

Best Jim Carrey movie ever in which he doesn't talk out of his butt.

Actually, although I am a fan of the stupid, funny Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber), this was his best work to date. It was a breath of fresh air.....There is a moment in the movie in which everything "clicks" and I just understood. Amazing.

jim carrey will win an oscar someday i bet.
alllllllllllllllllllllrighty then.

I forgot where I read it but tommy lee jones said to jim carrey one time...

"im a classicly trained actor and you are cabaret.."
..although i like tommy lee jones..im sure hes eating those words.

I saw this movie called Petes meteor in which another famously funny canadian tries to do a serious role...( mike Meyers) hes a drug addict..or soemthing in ireland...
and it just doesnt work...you keep expecting him to say " not "
ya know?
not everyone can do what jim carrey can.
i think man on the moon really showed his range as well

Back
Top Bottom