Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
I loved this movie. Anyone else see it yet? Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey are fantastic.

I think I'm going to make an effort to see this...I don't usually like Jom Carrey movies, but this one looks different.
Is it difficult to follow?

Mrs.Clayton said:
I think I'm going to make an effort to see this...I don't usually like Jom Carrey movies, but this one looks different.
Is it difficult to follow?

It's very different. You have to pay attention and relax with the fact that you don't always know exactly what's going on and just let it unfold. If you've seen and enjoyed any of Charlie Kaufman's other movies(such as Being John Malkovich and Adaptation), you can appreciate the oddity and imagination of this one. It's a wild ride--smart, funny, touching and a nice refreshing change from the usual Hollywood formulaic crap. I like it much better than any of his others that I've seen.

i loooooooooooooooooooved it. if you can follow 21 grams or any of charlie kaufman's previous movies, this'll be fine.

i don't normally like jim carrey either but when i saw he wasn't acting all super-hyper (and it starred kate winslet), i knew i had to see it.

I just loved Adaptation, so I am glad that it is similar to that. I am really looking forward to seeing this film, although as yet I have no idea when it is being released here in Oz. Anyway I love Kate Winslet, she is without a doubt my favourite actress (I can forgive her for making the awful, awful, awful Titanic!!!) and I really like Jim Carrey too, he did the drama thing well I thought in Man on the Moon- was that what it was called and again I will forgive him for being in a movie with the awful, awful, awful Courtney Love:wink:

Interesting title. I have only recently seen Adaption on video and enjoyed it immensely.So I'll look for this one. Probably the next movie I go to the cinema to see when it is released will be Troy. I have a list a mile long of movies I am waiting to see on video.
God I feel the urge to go into a Kate Winslet rave....but I'll behave:silent:

cass said:
Interesting title.

It's from a poem by Alexander Pope (17th century).

I want to see this movie again and I rarely feel that way so soon after a movie. But there's a lot to take in and I'm sure I'd get things I didn't get the first time.

I saw ads for this in the cinema.
It looked good but I was more interested in the name of the song in the ad :slant:

I loved this movie because it was so strange, some of the scenes made you feel like you were in a dream

Saw this movie today...very different, and very good. Possibly Jim Carrey's best performance to date. Yes, it takes a little while to grasp what's happening, but it's a rewarding movie, nonetheless.

I finally saw this today. I really didn't like Adaptation at all (yes, I got the joke, but I still didn't like it), so I was wary of this one. But this movie is wonderful and very, very good! Jim Carrey was the best I've ever seen him, and so was Kate Winslet! Everyone was good. Even the old fart explaining it to his wife a few seats away didn't detract from it. (Why do old men always feel the need to explain movies to their wives? And why do old women allow them to do it?)

The ELO song is Mr. Blue Sky, and a good song it is!

And like most people here, I loved this movie; it really had a great "feel" to it... (if that makes any sense)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom