Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone seen this movie? I just watched it tonight. Seriously messed up movie. That's not to say I didn't like it. I thought it was brilliant. Four stars. I just had to think a LOT about everything I saw to make sense of it all, since the events are out of chronological order. I didn't QUITE 'get' all of it at first, but I still gave it four stars. After further thinking about it, I 'get' it now and maintain my four star rating. And Jimy Carrey is seriously underrated as a serious actor.

Jim Carrey is great in it!!! you're right namkcuR - He is underrated as a serious actor...

And the movie - loved it, a bit complicated though but that is exactly why I liked it :)

Very well-made. However, as someone who is in a seriously loving relationship - it really disturbed me to think about erasing someone from my mind that I care about so much. So to that end, I didn't like it and found it tortuous.

I hate movies that are out of order. :(

I love Jim Carrey but this one didnt do it for me.

I had to put off watching this movie for the longest time after my 2-3 year relationship ended in 2004. I thought it would be too difficult to watch but I think I 'll appreciate it now!

I'm a very mellow person IRL and I couldn't stand the constant histrionics of Kate Winslet's character. She really irritated me, and whereas the movie managed to convince me that she really wanted Jim Carrey's character, I could find no believable reason for why he wanted her. God, what a headache.

It's a decent film, although I think in a way it's gimmicky and representative of what people think should be a good movie made in 2004 - but it so obviously tries to be exactly that so that it comes across as transparent.

I had to put off watching this movie for the longest time after my 2-3 year relationship ended in 2004. I thought it would be too difficult to watch but I think I 'll appreciate it now!

ladywithspinninghead said:

I watched this just after my boyfriend of over 5 years, and I broke up. Yeah, it was pretty tough. I sat there actually wishing they would invent a selective memory eraser thingy.
I still think it's an excellent movie though. :up:
Don't do what I did when I went to see "Closer" though. :sad:
It was a bit too soon for that one!

lmjhitman said:

I watched this just after my boyfriend of over 5 years, and I broke up. Yeah, it was pretty tough. I sat there actually wishing they would invent a selective memory eraser thingy.
I still think it's an excellent movie though. :up:
Don't do what I did when I went to see "Closer" though. :sad:
It was a bit too soon for that one!

oops - double post above!

I know what you mean about Closer - I think Jude Law is the sexiest man in Hollywood but I dont' know if I can watch that movie right now.

Back
Top Bottom