Eternal Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
There are just some songs that were made to last Forever.. The ones where you hear ONE note and you recognize the song, and you know 90% of the population on Earth would recognize the song, and can sing some of it or hum the tune or it's been in at least 5 major motion pictures (;))... oh yeah and they have to deserve the stamp of eternity as well!

*Queen "We Are The Champions"
*Bruce Springsteen "Born In The USA"
*U2 "Pride"

phew, though for a second you meant songs by Eternal :eek:

I'll get back to you now I've recovered from my initial shock...

"Space Oddity" - Bowie
"Tainted Love" - Soft Cell
"Piano Man" - Billy Joel
any of Elton John's classics

HelloAngel said:
"Tainted Love" - Soft Cell

All I can think of is that Jeans commercial where the guy is in the ER and all the doctors and nurses start singing it :lmao:

Anyway my list: I don't know about the five movies...but these are songs that almost everyone knows

Eleanor Rigby-The Beatles
Beethoven's Fifth
Friends in Low Places-Garth Brooks (I don't even listen to country and I know the words to this song. It's fun to sing on drunken karaoke bar night )
Dream On- Aerosmith

Had a quick think about it.

lots of U2 songs:
Where the Streets Have No Name
Sunday, Bloody Sunday (though not a note strictly speaking I suppose)

The Beatles- Hard Days Night
Eagles - Hotel California
The Police - Roxanne

maybe think of more, get back to you

some good choices here, but i think the police material sounds very 80's, oh well.

the beatles - helter skelter, revolution (single version)

lennon - imagine

primitive radio gods - standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my hand... ;)

The Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated."
I was at a Aerosmith concert last year and they were playing so many great songs over the PA before the show started, and one of them was this Ramones classic. It started out pretty quiet, just a few people softly singing along and bopping their heads, but pretty soon it erupted into this full on sing-along with thousands of people screaming the "ba, ba, ba, bas." I love moments like that! Why don't they play that song at a UN session? How can you wage war on someone after a sing-along?

We Are The Champions/Love of My Life - Queen
Imagine - John Lennon
Most of the Beatles' stuff
Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
Stairway To Heaven/Heartbreaker/Rock n'Roll/Black Dog - Led Zep
Smoke on the Water/Highway Star - Deep Purple
Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix
LA Woman/Light My Fire/Break On Through (to the other side) - The Doors
Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Year's Day/Streets/Bad/Pride and the Achtung Baby album- U2
Roxanne/Every Breath You Take - The Police
Wish You Were Here/Shine On You Crazy Diamond/The Dark Side of the Moon album - Pink Floyd

Back
Top Bottom