Error message help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
My new laptop keeps getting the same error message, usually once per day, sometimes even when no one is using it. The blue error screen comes up for a split second, then the screen goes black with a flashing cursor, but you can't do anything and I have to unplug it and take out the battery for it to reboot.

The "serious error recovery" message I get when Windows XP restarts says BCCode: 1000008e BCP1: C000001D etc. I did the error reporting thing, which directed me to a site to reinstall the driver for my touchpad, but that hasn't solved the problem.

Can ANYONE help? Please? :sad:

Have you done all the windows updates for your computer? If you still need some drivers or updated programs, that could sometimes cause a computer to crash like that.

If worst comes to worst, try reinstalling Windows.

Yeah, I've downloaded all the updates already. :slant:

It's making me angry because it's brand new and has been happening since it was delivered on Tuesday. :down:

can you take your computer back and get another one? or have them fix it, maybe?

Well, I bought my computer in Norwich, so I'm calling Evesham tomorrow. I've gotten the message again today and it says it's a problem with a device driver, but doesn't know which one. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom