Error Island, Sitka County, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's not too terribly long.

I've lost a lot of interest in Boy and October over the last 6 months. I guess I listen to War a bit, too. But only at work. Interestingly, I find their best production work to be on War.

I'm hoping we get it by the end of next year.

Really? I've only gained interest in Boy. October's stayed fairly steady, and I find War is a mood album. Sometimes I don't feel like it, sometimes I love it. Generally, though, I prefer to use my alternate tracklisting, just to avoid Red Light (and, to be honest, THBAO).

In that song's case specifically, I'm aching for another verse/chorus, and instead it just dithers. What a letdown. At least the Arcade Fire provide some satisfaction before going into ditherland with Wake Up. Fleet Foxes seem to want to dither sooner.

Their dithering's very short and not nearly the shitfest of Arcade Fire. Seriously, I don't understand AF's fucking godhood in b&c. I guess they're the little indie shitz who could.

I'm hoping we get it by the end of next year.

Really? I've only gained interest in Boy. October's stayed fairly steady, and I find War is a mood album. Sometimes I don't feel like it, sometimes I love it. Generally, though, I prefer to use my alternate tracklisting, just to avoid Red Light (and, to be honest, THBAO).

I used to hate Red Light. Now I like it a great deal. I just have to get myself into the right frame of mind when it comes on. The only thing that still gets on my nerves a bit are the female backing vocalists. I hate female backing vocalists of that sort especially.

Probably not, but you never can tell when I'll go into a frenzy. Or simply disappear.

I used to hate Red Light. Now I like it a great deal. I just have to get myself into the right frame of mind when it comes on. The only thing that still gets on my nerves a bit are the female backing vocalists. I hate female backing vocalists of that sort especially.

The female backing vocalists and the trumpet are terrible, but Bono's lack of vocal control is what annoys me the most.

Anyway, I think when I was listening to the M83 Saturdays=Youth album the other day, I decided that some of their instrumental tracks drag. Especially some of the longer ones. If the whole album was like tracks 2-4, it'd be my favourite album of the last ten years.

The female backing vocalists and the trumpet are terrible, but Bono's lack of vocal control is what annoys me the most.

I don't mind Bono's vocals in it. I'd rather hear the youthful exhuberance/lack of technique/control any day over the cold dead vocals of the 90s or Mr. Squeaky of the 00s.

I don't mind Bono's vocals in it. I'd rather hear the youthful exhuberance/lack of technique/control any day over the cold dead vocals of the 90s or Mr. Squeaky of the 00s.

I can't stand where he goes through puberty in that song, though. It's like the Twilight demo. It's one thing to be unrefined and another thing entirely to just sing BADLY.

I can't stand where he goes through puberty in that song, though. It's like the Twilight demo. It's one thing to be unrefined and another thing entirely to just sing BADLY.

I like bad singing, though. Just as PeterrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrRrRrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

rrrrrrr

Anyway, I need to be up in 7.5 hours, so I should put this bane of my existence away.

I was gonna wait til this album's over, but I've got 10 minutes left. And that's getting too near 7 hours.

Why the HELL would I watch that, EEN? Even if I wanted to, though, I can't, since the beeping was coming through my headphones as well as from the computer, so I unplugged them. Oh lawlz, it's called Beep too? Beep you.

Anyway, I'm out too. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom