Error Island, Sitka County, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh a Sunday drive!! I luurvve a Sunday drive!

I haven't been to many of the national parks as such around Melb, but I have been through many of its picturesque bits: down the Mornington Peninsula (ie through the middle bit rather than down the coast, which I find overrated, and then you can combine with wine tasting :drool: ), up through Healesville, then through Kinglake etc - that's very pretty, even up as far as Marysville/Lake Mountain (I think it's called) but that's a longer drive. Or through the Yarra Valley?

Yes! I've seen barely anywhere around Melbourne, so while Mum's here with a car, we're thinking of taking advantage of it. With my nose still all bloody and weeping, I don't want to do anything terribly sociable or public, but heading off for a drive to somewhere scenic and taking photos sounds like a rather good way to use the day.

Kinglake definitely seems appealling - helps that it's marked on my map while a good number of other outlying areas are not. I just looked up the Parks Victoria website and there are so many bloody choices. Makes it difficult to choose. But if the Healesville/Kinglake area is pretty, then I think we may just go with that.

I've got my Melways out now:

Healesville and the Toolangi Forest
Mornington and do the back roads to Portsea
Phillip Island
You Yangs, then down the Bellarine Peninsula to Portarlington and Barwon Heads, where they filmed Sea Change (and driving through Geelong as fast as you can....)

and then you can have a Devonshire tea :drool:

I think my mother's a bit nervous about driving across Melbourne to get down to Mornington. I'm more inclined to go somewhere where we can just shoot straight out through the outer suburbs rather than having to pass through the CBD and inner areas.

Looking up the You Yangs, those look like quality ...

And I believe Portarlington is where our very own Wezza Danny went for Schoolies! :lol:

Also, would you believe that the car Mum rented has not come with a Melways, but with some UBD Melbourne map? WTF, I say.

Yes! I've seen barely anywhere around Melbourne, so while Mum's here with a car, we're thinking of taking advantage of it. With my nose still all bloody and weeping, I don't want to do anything terribly sociable or public, but heading off for a drive to somewhere scenic and taking photos sounds like a rather good way to use the day.

Kinglake definitely seems appealling - helps that it's marked on my map while a good number of other outlying areas are not. I just looked up the Parks Victoria website and there are so many bloody choices. Makes it difficult to choose. But if the Healesville/Kinglake area is pretty, then I think we may just go with that.

When my ex and I first moved to Melb, cos we didn't know too many people, that's all we did on Sundays, get out of town and explore. And the advantage of the hills around Melbourne as opposed to Adelaide, there's lots of tree ferns which still keeps the area looking green even in drought. Our hills here are just brown. :(

There should be a decent bakery in Healesville too...

i try. :D

hey beg! :wave: it's frederic fekkai shampoo for over-processed coloured hair. 64 ounces for $59 plus free shipping and i had a $15 gift card :drool:

I've heard of frederic fekkai, he's a posh NY hairdresser, yes?

I had a hair cut yesterday, the new salon I go to has these fantastic padded chairs that lean right back when you get your hair washed so you are lying flat, with footrests and all, and then they vibrate to give you a back massage :drool: And my very gorgeous hair dresser (gay) is giving me a scalp massage :cute:

Oh yeah the hair cut's good too...

When my ex and I first moved to Melb, cos we didn't know too many people, that's all we did on Sundays, get out of town and explore. And the advantage of the hills around Melbourne as opposed to Adelaide, there's lots of tree ferns which still keeps the area looking green even in drought. Our hills here are just brown. :(

There should be a decent bakery in Healesville too...

When Mum flew down here, she said a lot of the countryside around Melbourne still looks extremely dry - even worse than Queensland, in fact.

Healesville also has the Yarra Valley Railway ... but maybe I should resist that temptation for now.

Evening, ST.

It's snowing here.

Lucky.

I think my mother's a bit nervous about driving across Melbourne to get down to Mornington. I'm more inclined to go somewhere where we can just shoot straight out through the outer suburbs rather than having to pass through the CBD and inner areas.

Looking up the You Yangs, those look like quality ...

And I believe Portarlington is where our very own Wezza Danny went for Schoolies! :lol:

Also, would you believe that the car Mum rented has not come with a Melways, but with some UBD Melbourne map? WTF, I say.
Fair enough about the traffic, it takes getting used to! And what, no Melways :tsk:

Portarlington is the schoolies go to place? :lol: It's like Adelaide schoolies going to Victor Harbour, which is populated by retirees the other 11 months of the year :lol:

Fair enough about the traffic, it takes getting used to! And what, no Melways :tsk:

Portarlington is the schoolies go to place? :lol: It's like Adelaide schoolies going to Victor Harbour, which is populated by retirees the other 11 months of the year :lol:

Yeah, my mother's a really good driver, but Melbourne still seriously intimidates her. She didn't enjoy going to and from the hospital by herself. By the looks of things, I should be able to get us out to either Kinglake or the You Yangs without having to encounter anything too terrible.

At the Crowdies gig, I told Jen and Shepp Daniel that he'd gone to Portarlington and they found it terribly amusing. Once they explained to me that it's on the level of how cin's honeymoon was in Warrnambool, I realised why it was so hilarious too!

i like snow, i guess because we get so little of it. if it's going to be this cold (which i don't mind, though) i'd rather have snow than just...nothing. or even worse, ice, which we always seem to get here. :down:
I've seen twice, once in Italy and in Germany. I could have travelled to the snowfields in Victoria but I like to travel 10,000 kms....

I've heard of frederic fekkai, he's a posh NY hairdresser, yes?

I had a hair cut yesterday, the new salon I go to has these fantastic padded chairs that lean right back when you get your hair washed so you are lying flat, with footrests and all, and then they vibrate to give you a back massage :drool: And my very gorgeous hair dresser (gay) is giving me a scalp massage :cute:

Oh yeah the hair cut's good too...
yeah. :D i have to use the expensive crap since my hair's hanging on by a thread from me changing the colour all the time. plus i'm still trying to grow it out a bit.

ooh, that sounds lovely :drool: i'd love to have my hair washed like that. :D

Maybe you can take some lucky girl, which reminds me, what's the latest with FAR? :D

:laugh:

FAR of her own initiative came to visit me while I was in hospital. But don't read too much into that. I'm not interested in anything and I'm pretty sure she's more interested in this other chap.

Though we probably will go out to the Yarra Valley Railway someday this summer!

i like snow, i guess because we get so little of it. if it's going to be this cold (which i don't mind, though) i'd rather have snow than just...nothing. or even worse, ice, which we always seem to get here. :down:

Yeah, I'm probably oversaturated with it. I'm used to the cold: it's cold here from mid-October to early April, so I get used to it, I guess. Snow just gets in the way, makes driving a hell of a lot harder.

i have to use the expensive crap since my hair's hanging on by a thread from me changing the colour all the time.
Me too, although now that it's black, I can't dye it anything but black until it grows out, :lol:

Yeah, I'm probably oversaturated with it. I'm used to the cold: it's cold here from mid-October to early April, so I get used to it, I guess. Snow just gets in the way, makes driving a hell of a lot harder.
yeah, i obviously don't remember too much about pennsylvania winters from when i was there, but my parents have told me enough about it to have a good idea. after a few years there, they didn't really hesitate when my dad had an offer to transfer to florida.

yeah. :D i have to use the expensive crap since my hair's hanging on by a thread from me changing the colour all the time. plus i'm still trying to grow it out a bit.

ooh, that sounds lovely :drool: i'd love to have my hair washed like that. :D
At the moment I'm using the Body Shop shampoo for coloured hair, which seems to work OK. My new hairdresser didn't try to flog me stuff yesterday, but I've only been there twice now.

I'm going to keep going back there, those chairs are seriously :drool: And the room where they wash your hair is separate from the main salon and the lights are dimmed too... It's the complete lifestyle!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom