Eric Clapton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did--when I was 17, I think. Sorry, it's been too long for a complete review, but I certainly didn't walk away disappointed.

I saw him at least twice when I was in college I think. (Maybe it was only the one time.) I can remember the time I saw him play Long Beach Arena and Ry Cooder opened. Ry Cooder was very good, but Clapton was on that night! He was amazing! His guitar playing was nothing short of divine; really great. I haven't seen him lately, in the years since he's mellowed, and I don't care to. I don't particularly like the newer music he's making.

I remember now. I saw him that once, and I had tickets for another tour, but he either got sick or got into an accident and had to cancel the tour. I also saw him on the ARMS tour. That was a great show!

461 Ocean Boulevard is good record. I also really like Eric Clpaton's Rainbow Concert. It was one of my favorite vinyl records, and I got a cd copy that has the whole concert on it. The cd copy is great. Pete Townshend and all kinds of other great 60s rock musicians play on it. I like the Derek and the Dominoes record too. Very much. :yes:

I'll shut up now. :reject:

Last edited:
No. :( My older brother has seen him several times, dating back to the late '70s/early '80s, but I was too young to tag along then. Now I'm not sure I want to go, since he's mellowed so much. I'm afraid it would be a letdown.

Yes, I agree with all of you. He is so amazing but is a little jazzy now. Did anyone see that George Harrison tribute? He was really jamming for that. Apparently, Eric Clapton is touring again and that is the reason I inquired.

That concert for George was awesome- especially the Monty Pythons 'Lumberjack song'. I just love Eric Clapton's guitar playing, he has a very melodic style to me that I really like. I sometimes think that Eric, Chris Rea and Mark Knophler all have a very similar style of playing that is very melodic, laid back and perfect for listening too on a hot and balmy night!:wink:

I've never seen him live but I may do so next time with my mother.

I saw him on his last tour. He came to my town and made one kick ass show. He barely spoke a word, just a few thanks after a few songs and gave the audience some smiles from time to time too. Kinda weird but he played every song with a lot of emotion and passion. GREAT SOLOS!! He opened the show with some really nice acoustic songs and since he was in Brazil he added some bossa nova to them. Later he moved to the electric ones! :evil: I think he only used one guitar all the way through the concert, but I'm not sure. He played the classics and the crowd went wild!!! Specially during Layla!! :yes: He closed the show with Over The Rainbow!! Awesome show!! :up:

Yes, i have seen him twice. i dont htink my parents have missed him since like the 60's......seriously.... I saw him last summer in philly on his latest tour me and mr. johnson and had floor seat 8 rows back. He is really incredible. He plays so easily. I also saw him on the pilgrim tour with an orchestra. i dont remember that much as i was only 10 that time. but if you have a chance its really special to see someone of that respect. im sure he will be back around cause he cant keep from the music for long even though he claims to have retired twice already.

i also highly reccommend Session for Robert J.....the new one..that is if you like blues as well:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom