Er...What is up with my screen?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hopefully somebody can help. I just got a new computer and from time to time the screen starts vibrating. Why is it doing this, and how do I fix it?!

Sorry.

I can not figure it out. It sounds like it was not assembled properly.
Call the manufacturer and if they can not help you, return it.

Good luck.

how often does it vibrate? if it's not too often, it could just be degaussing. however, if it's anything more often than say every few hours, it's probably a malfunction or defect.

Do you have a mobile phone next to the monitor?

Causes interference, i get it if i have my mobile next to the monitor.

See, it's not constantly doing it, that's the thing. It'll do it for a little while and then stop all of a sudden. That's why I was thinking that it's something that I could probably fix. Well, I do have speakers on either side of my computer, and the cordless phone is behind it...

I'm not sure either, except the reasons everyone else stated...

I would move everything out of the way that could be causing the interference...if your speakers are the speakers that came with the computer, then those shouldn't be causing the interference.

You may also want to try unplugging and completely unhooking everything, and hooking it back up again to make sure that there are no loose cables. If that still doesn't help, you should call the manufacturer and if they can't help, then get the receipt and take it back to the store.

wertsie said:
Hopefully somebody can help. I just got a new computer and from time to time the screen starts vibrating. Why is it doing this, and how do I fix it?!

That's happened to me before!!! The screen would vibrate every so often! Since it was a new computer I was going to take it back, but it stopped vibrating after a week or two. I've had the computer for 2.5 years, and it hasn't vibrated since. Very weird, I know.

Re: Re: Er...What is up with my screen?!

Giant Lemon said:

That's happened to me before!!! The screen would vibrate every so often! Since it was a new computer I was going to take it back, but it stopped vibrating after a week or two. I've had the computer for 2.5 years, and it hasn't vibrated since. Very weird, I know.

Yeah. I think I'm just going to try to be patient and eventually maybe it'll quit it! If not, I'll try something else.

Re: Re: Re: Er...What is up with my screen?!

wertsie said:

Yeah. I think I'm just going to try to be patient and eventually maybe it'll quit it! If not, I'll try something else.

be careful if you wait too long tho...if you wait longer than 30 days, the store might not take it back...and if you wait passed the warranty, they might not be able to do anything about it...

When I got my new computer a couple years ago, I was given the option of getting one of those free scanners with it. During the first 30 days I didn't use the scanner, and so I didn't notice it had a problem (there were dark streaks across the image, and I could only decently scan a photo if I put it in just the right spot on the scanner bed)...I know it was probably a simple problem to fix, but after the 30 day warranty expired, they couldn't do anything about it, and it was probably cheaper to buy a new scanner, which I finally did this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom