er um, that 'Manu vs Orgi' rule thang......b*llox! (im gonna sound naff!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I have been a bit curious..................u know the way (or else its only for todays bands) there is strictness on openess of relationships?

well, why for more like 'manfactured bands' than 'original bands'

look for example take U2.......them boys Im sure were allowed back then to have the relationships (childhood sweethearts - well, two of them anyhoo!).......out in the open, right? Esp when they started.....Relaxed management? Or is it because its the Originality versus Manufactured, and thus Manu. bands ie NSync (dont even tink of biting my arse).....are told NOT to discuss any relationships they have because fans might go off them and therefore sales of 'my hunk' and their music goes down?

Is this fair?

I mean......why one rule for one and not the other?

please, does anyone get this?

yes, I get this

the appeal of no-talents like NSync mostly lies in teen-age girls (or even pre-teens maybe) lusting after them because of their looks and pretending they can once become one of theirs girlfriend
the appeal isn't in the music itself

even though I do lust after Adam a bit I would still like U2 a lot even if I had the idea I couldn't be with Adam the rest of my life

Maddie...I understand....I can remember when that show 90210 was out...the producers of the show would not allow the male stars (Luke Perry and Jason Priestly) to be seen in public with girlfriends. They didn't want little girls' hearts to be broken knowing that these people actually had lives.

In fact many managers/producers don't want the "hot young stars" to be seen having a boyfriend/girlfriend, because then they lose the fan base of screaming drooling 11 year olds.

Back
Top Bottom