Episode III title annouced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm. I'm surprised they went with Sith, as it's a rather cryptic Star Wars term, isn't it?

I just hope it's better than I and II.

This is the chapter all of us geeks have been waiting for and I don't want them to screw it up...

Episode II looks so incredibly "dated" already. The CGI looks so fake; hasn't aged well at ALL. And 90% of the film is CGI. I'd hate to see how Episode III will age...

Melon

I thought Episode I was ok but II sucked and I've only seen it once. I want to see III but I'm not going to go into that movie with any expectations this time like I did for the last two.

arw9797 said:
I want to see III but I'm not going to go into that movie with any expectations this time like I did for the last two.

Yeah, same here. :up:

Ditto.

I actually didn't even *see* Episode II in a theatre, I was so unimpressed by the trailers.

George Lucas should talk to Peter Jackson. :|

The Qui-Gon/Obi Wan v. Darth Maul fight was the best part of Phantom Men it beats the Yoda v. Sideous, in fact I would say its the best Sabre Fight in any of them. I would really like to see stuff set in the times of the Sith Empire 5000 years before Skywalker etc. takes place. KOTOR Rules!

The Cyborg General Grievous is awesome in the Clone Wars cartoons John Dimaggio (voice of Bender on Futurama, may geek trivia 0wnz) voices him. Im looking forward to this one, it may not be as good as the originals but dammit its starwars.

Last edited:
The movie will include a rather lengthy battle between Obi Wan and Anakin.

I hope Lucas dumped the scriptwriter who "polished" Episode II.

Angela Harlem said:
The only outstanding thing out of ep I and II was the Yoda fight scene.
And Natalie Portman in the tight white space outfit.
Otherwise, yes both sucked.

I hear Jar Jar Binks will narrate episode III

these movies are fascinating in tha they are like watching an expensive train wreck

Someone made an interesting comment on another board.
Sure, in the first three movies there was bad acting all around and campy scenes...but that's what made starwars so great. It is like a glorified B Movie.
These new ones are overdone.
I would have so much rathered yodo stay in a suit than become digitized to kick some ass

nbcrusader said:
The movie will include a rather lengthy battle between Obi Wan and Anakin.

I hope Lucas dumped the scriptwriter who "polished" Episode II.

I doubt he was all to blame.

lets face it, these last movies prove Lucas cannot direct well at all or write a good screenplay.

Basstrap said:

lets face it, these last movies prove Lucas cannot direct well at all or write a good screenplay.

Exactly. There's no one to blame other than George himself, he completely destroyed his own legacy.

Basstrap said:
these movies are fascinating in tha they are like watching an expensive train wreck

Someone made an interesting comment on another board.
Sure, in the first three movies there was bad acting all around and campy scenes...but that's what made starwars so great. It is like a glorified B Movie.
These new ones are overdone.
I would have so much rathered yodo stay in a suit than become digitized to kick some ass

I never thought the acting in the first 3 was all that bad though. No, it wasn't Oscar-winning quality, but it was appropriate for the film. They were action heroes. The dialogue may not have been incredible, but it flowed and was catchy.

There's none of that in the prequels. Episode II was like watching a bad high school play. "But we...would...be living...a...lie, Anakin. I...could...not...live like that. Could...you?" And that was a vast improvement over Episode I. It's a testament to Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson's acting that they managed not to look like complete fools in that film.

I don't really understand what happened. I guess Lucas just lost touch with his own story and characters. I think the new visual effects must have played it's part. He didn't have that to lean on before and had to actually WORK at writing and directing?

I haven't watched any of the star wars movies for ages now, but in my opinion as far as I can remember Episode 1 was pretty good, it may have been a bit light on plot and good dialogue but it was fairly entertaining and enjoyable, and the characters actually felt like real people not 2-dimensional...better than episode 2 at least which was pretty cliched throughout. Ep 1 may have been far from a masterpiece but it certainly didn't deserve the crap it got from most people who seem to have been expecting so much from it that really anything would have been a disappointment.

I'm not an expert on either star wars or films in general, however...

I actually liked Episode I the first time around and defended it.

Then I watched it again. :| That little Anakin just ruined the whole movie.

AvsGirl41 said:
That little Anakin just ruined the whole movie.

Well, Jar-Jar did his fair share of ruining.

'How to Ruin Completely', indeed.

AvsGirl41 said:

I don't really understand what happened. I guess Lucas just lost touch with his own story and characters. I think the new visual effects must have played it's part. He didn't have that to lean on before and had to actually WORK at writing and directing?

Have you seen the extra bits in any of the newer release dvd's? It has this doco of sorts showing right at the start when Lucas couldn't even get funding or support right through the cult rise, through to now and how his team work on these next 3. In all, he seems to have lost more than the plot. He's not only a control freak, but his genius which made the first 3 such a success has evolved into something entirely different.
He's a bizarre individual.

:laugh: how funny for me, an long time lit & media SF fan -starting with later in the original series Twilight Zone, Clifford Simak, Clarke, Asimovv, original Outer Limits and Classic Trek-- that I's here EP III title annoucement here.

That's because I've been way late with sending someone :shifty: :uhoh:, #not# out of any maliciousness just very busy, so I've forgotten from time to time :shame: .

This'll help get me back on there {by sending her the stuff}, then I can get back on, and rejoin my friends ther

ESB was my definate fave but I liked things about I n& II, also.

I- Obi 7 Qui, ANi, the vaRIOUS LANDSCAPES, Amidala, The city planet, the pod race, I liked ANi's friend's, the 'return' to Tatooine/Owen's farm (i got a bit o shivers when we saw the Twin Suns in space), the pod racer who always cheated, The GuGuan's under water cities {actuLLY ALL THE VAR\IUOS ARCHITECTURES}, The Senate scenes & The Duel [and it's physical settings]. and The Music. Oh and as impractical as they wwere AmidaLa's fancy outfits!

The plot wasn't thin, IMHO. We had the politicAL set ups going on, as well as finding Ani, Amidala's problems etc.

And J-J annoyingness is part of how he ends up making a cruicial desion in II.

II- I really loved ANi/Obi's chase for Amadala's would be assasain. I really like the building and structures they zipped through around, the diving, all that.

Even if the CGI looks a bit worn....I still love looking at Forbbin Plaent , the Krell's underground citiy eety/. There's just certain elements of deign thAT despite the materials that it's made of that I think hold up.

I liked the emergence of the cloning/clones and their presumed further battles against the robot army. I enjoyed the senate scenes again as well as the City Planet.

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:

Have you seen the extra bits in any of the newer release dvd's? It has this doco of sorts showing right at the start when Lucas couldn't even get funding or support right through the cult rise, through to now and how his team work on these next 3. In all, he seems to have lost more than the plot. He's not only a control freak, but his genius which made the first 3 such a success has evolved into something entirely different.
He's a bizarre individual.

Wow, no I haven't. I watched a bunch of extras on Attack of the Clones, but nothing more recent. And all I remember from the extras was "R2D2: Behind the Dome" which was better than the movie!

I love insane directors, I'm going to have to see those extras.

Back
Top Bottom