Episode III title annouced - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2004, 06:17 AM   #16
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:34 AM
I hope he dumps the arse who Mills and Boonerised it.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:23 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
The only outstanding thing out of ep I and II was the Yoda fight scene.
And Natalie Portman in the tight white space outfit.
Otherwise, yes both sucked.

I hear Jar Jar Binks will narrate episode III

Old 07-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:34 PM
I don't really care for the movie, but I can't wait to hear the music.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:42 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:04 PM
these movies are fascinating in tha they are like watching an expensive train wreck

Someone made an interesting comment on another board.
Sure, in the first three movies there was bad acting all around and campy scenes...but that's what made starwars so great. It is like a glorified B Movie.
These new ones are overdone.
I would have so much rathered yodo stay in a suit than become digitized to kick some ass
Old 07-28-2004, 11:45 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
The movie will include a rather lengthy battle between Obi Wan and Anakin.

I hope Lucas dumped the scriptwriter who "polished" Episode II.
I doubt he was all to blame.

lets face it, these last movies prove Lucas cannot direct well at all or write a good screenplay.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:41 AM   #21
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap

lets face it, these last movies prove Lucas cannot direct well at all or write a good screenplay.
Exactly. There's no one to blame other than George himself, he completely destroyed his own legacy.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:33 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
these movies are fascinating in tha they are like watching an expensive train wreck

Someone made an interesting comment on another board.
Sure, in the first three movies there was bad acting all around and campy scenes...but that's what made starwars so great. It is like a glorified B Movie.
These new ones are overdone.
I would have so much rathered yodo stay in a suit than become digitized to kick some ass
I never thought the acting in the first 3 was all that bad though. No, it wasn't Oscar-winning quality, but it was appropriate for the film. They were action heroes. The dialogue may not have been incredible, but it flowed and was catchy.

There's none of that in the prequels. Episode II was like watching a bad high school play. "But we...would...be living...a...lie, Anakin. I...could...not...live like that. Could...you?" And that was a vast improvement over Episode I. It's a testament to Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson's acting that they managed not to look like complete fools in that film.

I don't really understand what happened. I guess Lucas just lost touch with his own story and characters. I think the new visual effects must have played it's part. He didn't have that to lean on before and had to actually WORK at writing and directing?
Old 07-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #23
War Child

I haven't watched any of the star wars movies for ages now, but in my opinion as far as I can remember Episode 1 was pretty good, it may have been a bit light on plot and good dialogue but it was fairly entertaining and enjoyable, and the characters actually felt like real people not 2-dimensional...better than episode 2 at least which was pretty cliched throughout. Ep 1 may have been far from a masterpiece but it certainly didn't deserve the crap it got from most people who seem to have been expecting so much from it that really anything would have been a disappointment.

I'm not an expert on either star wars or films in general, however...
Old 07-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #24
New Yorker

I actually liked Episode I the first time around and defended it.

Then I watched it again. That little Anakin just ruined the whole movie.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:18 AM   #25
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
That little Anakin just ruined the whole movie.
Well, Jar-Jar did his fair share of ruining.

'How to Ruin Completely', indeed.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:47 AM   #26
New Yorker

You're right. I must have blocked Jar Jar from my memory. The human mind can only take so much.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:41 AM   #27
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41

I don't really understand what happened. I guess Lucas just lost touch with his own story and characters. I think the new visual effects must have played it's part. He didn't have that to lean on before and had to actually WORK at writing and directing?
Have you seen the extra bits in any of the newer release dvd's? It has this doco of sorts showing right at the start when Lucas couldn't even get funding or support right through the cult rise, through to now and how his team work on these next 3. In all, he seems to have lost more than the plot. He's not only a control freak, but his genius which made the first 3 such a success has evolved into something entirely different.
He's a bizarre individual.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:15 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:34 AM

how funny for me, an long time lit & media SF fan -starting with later in the original series Twilight Zone, Clifford Simak, Clarke, Asimovv, original Outer Limits and Classic Trek-- that I's here EP III title annoucement here.

That's because I've been way late with sending someone , #not# out of any maliciousness just very busy, so I've forgotten from time to time .

This'll help get me back on there {by sending her the stuff}, then I can get back on, and rejoin my friends ther

ESB was my definate fave but I liked things about I n& II, also.

I- Obi 7 Qui, ANi, the vaRIOUS LANDSCAPES, Amidala, The city planet, the pod race, I liked ANi's friend's, the 'return' to Tatooine/Owen's farm (i got a bit o shivers when we saw the Twin Suns in space), the pod racer who always cheated, The GuGuan's under water cities {actuLLY ALL THE VAR\IUOS ARCHITECTURES}, The Senate scenes & The Duel [and it's physical settings]. and The Music. Oh and as impractical as they wwere AmidaLa's fancy outfits!

The plot wasn't thin, IMHO. We had the politicAL set ups going on, as well as finding Ani, Amidala's problems etc.

And J-J annoyingness is part of how he ends up making a cruicial desion in II.

II- I really loved ANi/Obi's chase for Amadala's would be assasain. I really like the building and structures they zipped through around, the diving, all that.

Even if the CGI looks a bit worn....I still love looking at Forbbin Plaent , the Krell's underground citiy eety/. There's just certain elements of deign thAT despite the materials that it's made of that I think hold up.

I liked the emergence of the cloning/clones and their presumed further battles against the robot army. I enjoyed the senate scenes again as well as the City Planet.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:02 PM   #29
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Have you seen the extra bits in any of the newer release dvd's? It has this doco of sorts showing right at the start when Lucas couldn't even get funding or support right through the cult rise, through to now and how his team work on these next 3. In all, he seems to have lost more than the plot. He's not only a control freak, but his genius which made the first 3 such a success has evolved into something entirely different.
He's a bizarre individual.
Wow, no I haven't. I watched a bunch of extras on Attack of the Clones, but nothing more recent. And all I remember from the extras was "R2D2: Behind the Dome" which was better than the movie!

I love insane directors, I'm going to have to see those extras.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:59 PM   #30
War Child

If it wasn't already 2am now i'd put on ep1 and reevalute it...i still don't think it was that bad tho...