Entourage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
Apprently the new season starts this sunday. Does any one else watch this show?

I need HBO. I guess I'll probably just end up downloading it.

Dammit! :rant: And I just cancelled HBO and Showtime cuz I haven't been watching either. Damn Damn Damn! I LOVE Entourage! (And I said hello to Jeremy Pivens at the U2 show in Hawaii!!)

Pivens also hosts Saturday Night Live this weekend or next, I forget which date in April)

Carek1230 said:
Dammit! :rant: And I just cancelled HBO and Showtime cuz I haven't been watching either. Damn Damn Damn! I LOVE Entourage! (And I said hello to Jeremy Pivens at the U2 show in Hawaii!!)

Pivens also hosts Saturday Night Live this weekend or next, I forget which date in April)

That one is a repeat.

Entourage is awesome. Can't wait to see it!

Back when I had HBO I used to watch this show all of the time. Figures that they would be coming back with more episodes since I can't see it now :angry:

Carek you are so lucky that you got to say hi to Jeremy Pivens. I looked for him but he wasn't around in my area.

Fun episode, but I thought it was over the top. It used to be semi-based in reality. Now its just gone off into la la land... literally. Its good entertainment though!

The show may have been set in reality before, but it was a reality that normal people like myself don't know about. They could do about anything and I could believe that it occurs in Hollywood.

cstar said:
Fun episode, but I thought it was over the top. It used to be semi-based in reality. Now its just gone off into la la land... literally. Its good entertainment though!

How do you know the "reality" of a movie star?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

How do you know the "reality" of a movie star?

I know about the biz. :wink:

But seriously...

Its funny. Do you think TV shows depict factual reality, the "every day world"? Do you think a TV show about movie stars depicts their factual reality? Do you believe that a birthday party sponsored by Victoria Secret, etc. could be pulled off in less than one day?

I think not.

Last edited:
cstar said:

I know about the biz. :wink:

But seriously...

Its funny. Do you think TV shows depict factual reality, the "every day world"? Do you think a TV show about movie stars depicts their factual reality? Do you believe that a birthday party sponsored by Victoria Secret, etc. could be pulled off in less than one day?

I think not.

You'd be suprised what the right kind of money(sponsor) and a professional party coordinator can do. It's loosly based on Mark Walberg's rise and his entourage, of course it only shows the interesting parts, but I'm pretty sure you'd be amazed by how close to "reality" it really is.

I know the show is based closely on as much of the "reality" of a group of guy celebs who are also friends.

Is anyone also watching Hollywoods Sons? Weintraub, Stewart and Spelling offspring star in it and are friends. The show depicts their friendship as well as day to day aspects of their varying avenues in the "biz" (agent, singer, actor/producer)

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You'd be suprised what the right kind of money(sponsor) and a professional party coordinator can do. It's loosly based on Mark Walberg's rise and his entourage, of course it only shows the interesting parts, but I'm pretty sure you'd be amazed by how close to "reality" it really is.

LOL! Funny when people believe their TV shows are real... Even those that are loosely based on actual people.

My point is that the show has gotten progressively more over the top to the point where its not as believable as in earlier seasons.

cstar said:

LOL! Funny when people believe their TV shows are real... Even those that are loosely based on actual people.

My point is that the show has gotten progressively more over the top to the point where its not as believable as in earlier seasons.

I'm not saying this because I fell for the TV show, I've seen this in real life, and my short stint in a "celebrity" circle. Her celebrity status was D list and that may even be stretching it, but I was shocked at what extents people went through to accomodate her...

I think the fact that it's gotten progressively over the top is to show the rise in his career...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I think the fact that it's gotten progressively over the top is to show the rise in his career...

That's a very good point and one that I hadn't thought of. :)
I'll keep it in mind, but I still believe that the show is greatly exaggerated and glamorized.

I'm starting to find Drama and Turtle annoy me. I used to think they were funny, but now they've seemed to be turned into "two idiots getting into silly hijinks." I think the Ari/E/New Agent/Vince storyline is real good.

Sloane. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom