Enlighten me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I bought a few CDs from Tower Records a few weeks ago... and Tower Records sent me a sampler...

I dig a few of these bands; it's a pretty good sampler... someone enlighten me with the 411 on these artists--

the listing is as follows:

1. THE FIERY FURNANCES "Crystal Clear"
2. BELLE & SEBASTIAN "Step Into My Office, Baby"
3. BRITISH SEA POWER "Carrion"
4. KATHRYN WILLIAMS "Little Black Numbers"
5. DELAYS "Hey Girl"
6. THE LIBERTINES "Don't Look Back Into the Sun"
7. THE HIDDEN CAMERAS "Boys of Melody"
8. THE TYDE "Memorable Moments"
9. THE KILLS "Pull a U"
10. A.R.E. WEAPONS "Don't Be Scared"
11. EASTERN LANE "Fa Ce La"
12. THE VEILS "The Tide That Left And Never Came Back"
13. ADAM GREEN "Jessica"
14. JEFFREY LEWIS "Don't Let the Record Label Take You Out to Lunch"

Ask Yertle about Belle and Sebastian :wink: I've had their first album for quite a while now.

British Sea Power were on Thom Yorke's list of best albums of the year, I've heard a few of their songs. I like them, but I dont really know if I want their cd or not.

A.R.E. Weapons are a kind of a Andrew WK-wannabee type group from what I've heard/read.

Libertines album was produced by a former member of The Clash.

Belle & Sebastian are at the top of my "I have leeched your music from the Internet for too long without paying you anything" list.

They're Scots, and consider themselves to be a democratic group, although one can say their nominal frontman is Stuart Murdoch, who sings on most of the tracks. They're named after some French cartoon, and no one is called Belle or Sebastian. Step Into My Office Baby is from their latest album, 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress'.

bands that are cool and kinda cool on the CD:

the fiery furnaces
belle & sebastian
british sea power
delays
jeffrey lewis
adam green (lol... this song titled "Jessica" is about Jessica Simpson! :lmao: **** A must hear! )
Lyrics to "Jessica" by Adam Green
jessica simpson, where has your love gone, its not in your music,
no. you need a vacation to wake up the cavemen and take them to mexico. jessica, jessica simpson, you've got it all wrong.
your fraudulant smile, the way that you think that the day you will die. my body's in trembles infested with brambles that sharpen the air i breathe.
whats in the menu, jesica can you, take down my order please.
jessica, jessica simpson, you've got it all wrong. your fraudulent smile, the way that you thinked it the day that you died.
tomorrow gets closer a purple bulldozer is calling you on the phone.
your lovelife preceds you, your son in law feeds you, injections of cortizone.
jessica, jessica simpson, you've got it all wrong. your fraudulent smile, the way that you thinked it the day that you died.
jessica simpson where has your love gone, its not in your music, so where has it gone? jessica...

Back
Top Bottom