Enigma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Enigma just released their sixth album - "A Posteriori". I downloaded it from iTunes where they also have 3 bonus remixes. I've been a fan of Enigma since the beginning with "Sadness Part 1", so I was really looking forward to this.

The new album is mostly instrumental, and has very few vocals on it, which I miss. But the songs have really good electronica beats to them. The album starting to grow on me; as I listen to it more, I like the songs more better. But I would like it better if there were more vocals.

I've been an Enigma fan for a few years. Gravity Of Love is my favorite Enigma song. I hope Michael ditches the pop sound that was incoporated in the Voyaguer album.

Just heard a few clips from the new album:drool:

Last edited:
Voyageur is one of my favorites! I know a lot of fans didn't like it, but it has two of my favorite Enigma songs - "In the Shadow, In the Light" and "Following the Sun".

So far on this one, I'm liking "The Alchemist" "Eppuo Si Muove" and "Goodbye Milky Way"

I liked a few songs on Voyageur such as Voyaguer, The Piano, and Incognito but it lacked a great deal of the "otherwordliness" the other Enigma albums seemed to have.

"Sitting on the Moon" sounds lovely.

Here's a good website for their other songs:

www.enigmamusic.com

It has a "radio" and jukebox that has all the Engima songs plus remixes

Originally posted by Siren

I liked a few songs on Voyageur such as Voyaguer, The Piano, and Incognito but it lacked a great deal of the "otherwordliness" the other Enigma albums seemed to have.

Yeah, it did sound a little mainstream. I felt at first Michael Cretu sold out!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I've had MCMXC for ages, but I never really got into their other stuff much. Mea Culpa is my favourite Enigma song.

Oh my God, you should get Enigma 2: The Cross Of Changes! I love that album. :drool:

If any of you want to write a formal review of the new Enigma, email me :) Thanks! Good to see they're still around!

Zootlesque said:
Oh my God, you should get Enigma 2: The Cross Of Changes! I love that album. :drool:
:up: If I ever get a second Enigma CD, that'll be the one I get. I already know several of the songs from it, due to frequently stealing (borrowing) my brother's Remember the Future DVD.

Back
Top Bottom