English Premier League Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
With a new season just around the corner, the World Cup finished with clubs either weaker or stronger (except Tottenham who seem to have bought knowone and remain the same!), a new season is upon us.

Can Arsenal continue on from last season?
Will new signing Rio Ferdinand get Man Utd back to the top?
Is Liverpool ready to fulfil its League potential with a fit Steven Gerard?
Can the improving Newcastle suprise everyone? :yes:
Sunderland? :eeklaugh:

Tips please peoples....

I am betting Newcastle to take it. Its a long shot, but I think they can only improve on a great last season. Its the Toon's year peoples!!!!

Everyone this year seems to be predicting a three-way race between Man U, Arsenal, and Liverpool. I think that if Man U can fit Rio into their lineup properly, he will save the back line. Of course I'm still part of the group that thinks they also should've gone after Pablo Mastroeni to replace Mikael Silverstre. Too bad they won't accept an American for a long time (Jovan Kirovski doesn't count ;)). Arsenal look just as strong as last year. I don't know about Liverpool though. I think if Diouf can fit into the offense properly, they will be hard to stop. But that is a big if, considering the hopes placed on him. Liverpool fans are sure this is their year, and that usually doesn't work out too well for teams.

My heart says Man U (like always), but my head says "I got no frickin idea!" :wink:

1. Man. Utd. (statistically impossible they'll lose 2 years in a row + they've got Van Nistelrooy)
2. Arsenal (probably just lack the strength Man. Utd. has, but if Bergkamp can still perform they'll be dangerous)
3. Chelsea (because I wanted to tip an outsider and Hasselbaink will score about 30 goals)

Salome said:
1. Man. Utd. (statistically impossible they'll lose 2 years in a row + they've got Van Nistelrooy)
2. Arsenal (probably just lack the strength Man. Utd. has, but if Bergkamp can still perform they'll be dangerous)
3. Chelsea (because I wanted to tip an outsider and Hasselbaink will score about 30 goals)

So basically, the best dutch will win. ;)

P. Kluivert 4 - M. Owen bwahaha

of course we own penalty shoot outs
we get to practise them every major tournament

Re: I'd put a cricket score here if there was a notable one to use

brettig said:
Australia owns the world cup qualifying games then!

I hope you don't really think that beating Tonga, Bora Bora, Pago Pago and the Fidji Islands count as real football games. ;)

Re: Re: I'd put a cricket score here if there was a notable one to use

rafmed said:

I hope you don't really think that beating Tonga, Bora Bora, Pago Pago and the Fidji Islands count as real football games. ;)

Didn't you beat American Samoa 38-0 or something as well? :D

Now we have Juninho back we are ready to take on the big guns (at ?3.8M was that not the bargain of a lifetime).. We have the best team in years with some great new players, they will gel and this year will be the year of the BORO.... Hopefully ;)

Oi, Mr Bono_Man, don't diss the mighty Tottenham Hotspur! ;)
We now have Mr Redknapp, and are currently in talks with Morientes....Please join us! Please!!! :banghead:
I'm not tipping us to win the premiership :( but i reckon a top 6 finish and Europe here we come!! :yes:

ahhh Desert_Sky...you poor, poor Spurs fan. Maybe you could resign Gazza or something, I believe he is available. ;)

Word on the street has it Patrick Kluivert is set to join the Toon. That would add Newcastle to Salome's list of tips for the title now wouldnt it?:tongue:

oh great to see! that makes 3 magpie supporters in here i think! yeah we'll win it...no doubt!!

ps - i hope rio ferdinand picks up an injury and is ruled out of the season. goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom