England Vs Brazil - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2002, 08:24 AM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 12:49 AM
All I can say is:

Bollocks

Old 06-21-2002, 08:25 AM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2elevatejo
I feel proud of Ireland and I'm not even Irish! lol They certainly played a better match against Spain.

Brazil, 10 men down and England still couldn't score an equal. It's good that they got as far as they did but, well..

ARSE.

Brazil deserve the award for best actors on pitch. Man did they overplay - a hand in the face and it's the end of the world.

Sour grapes?

Moi?

I feel sorry for David Seaman, I just wanna give him a BIG HUG!!!!! We love you David!!!

Jo
Someone should remind those Irish lovers that Spain had ONLY 9 men on the field during the extra time.

I wonder where the overrated Beckham was when he was needed?

Sour grapes? no kidding!

CONGRATS BRAZIL!

CONGRATS FOLLOWER!

THANK YOU BRAZIL!

And about ol' Seaman, sooner or later he was going to cost his team.

Old 06-21-2002, 08:30 AM   #48
The Fly

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Well Done Brazil
Old 06-21-2002, 08:57 AM   #49
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rafmed

And about ol' Seaman, sooner or later he was going to cost his team.
Why is everyone blaming Seaman? It was a simply fantastic shot by Ronaldinho. Sure Seaman was off his line but how often does a shot like that come off? Anyways I don't think Seaman made any other errors during the cup and he remains the best keeper in England...hes better than having calamity James in there anyway!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:13 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 01:49 AM

YEA!!!!! DONT DISS THE BIG MAN!!!!!!!

tanks Bretty

u/we should NOT HOLD anything against anybody, as if it wasnt bad for themselves......................
Old 06-21-2002, 09:29 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by brettig

Why is everyone blaming Seaman? It was a simply fantastic shot by Ronaldinho. Sure Seaman was off his line but how often does a shot like that come off? Anyways I don't think Seaman made any other errors during the cup and he remains the best keeper in England...hes better than having calamity James in there anyway!
A difficult shot, but Seaman has to make that save. I'd say the same thing about the goal that Germany scored on Brad Friedel (a shot that I think Kasey Keller would have saved).
Old 06-21-2002, 09:38 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Prob is, in a match no-one can predict anything, not how the players will play nor where the ball will go....I tink that moment of play where Seaman was unfort just shows u that it was tight.........but unexpected when it took off and too late to save...........its a shame.....but it doesnt mean hes let his country down..........

as for all this talk of 'shite play' - this is only being said because England didnt get a 2nd goal in.........if they hadda pple would never have said that - it would be completely overlooked if they genuingly were seen as shit but then scored or ruled out completely......

all I know is that in those last 30 mins England looked mad crazy.....like really agitated and pissed off at how fast time was goin and how they were gettin nowhere.............
Old 06-21-2002, 09:55 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1

as for all this talk of 'shite play' - this is only being said because England didnt get a 2nd goal in.........if they hadda pple would never have said that - it would be completely overlooked if they genuingly were seen as shit but then scored or ruled out completely......

all I know is that in those last 30 mins England looked mad crazy.....like really agitated and pissed off at how fast time was goin and how they were gettin nowhere.............
Brazil deserves all the credit for shutting down England in the 2nd half despite being a man down. They played some excellent defense.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:02 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

congrats follower!

Old 06-21-2002, 10:03 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah, Brazil behaved well except for that moment for Becks Corner Kick around 80 mins on............shit forgotten his name but he lost a tad of temper.......

it looked so like England were gonna punch Brazil - England got angry they werent doin well............I was waitin for a few bookings there.........

Its understandable - but dangerous.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:09 AM   #56
Refugee

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Congrats Brazil! Although I did want England to win, heh. But I like Brazil a bunch, and they've been my pick since the beginning, so I'm routing for em. Poor England... good run boys! I need to get some sleep.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:16 AM   #57
Refugee

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Brazil deserves all the credit for shutting down England in the 2nd half despite being a man down. They played some excellent defense.
We fought some demons last night, our own defense. After Lúcio has pratically conceeded the goal Owen scored he might have felt he should be the redeemer, at least. And he was a mad lion in the 2nd half.

As for our two goals, one name screams out loud: Ronaldinho Gaúcho Despite being sent off I'll never forget the way he built our first goal and scored the 2nd one.

Man, I'm exhausted!

Thanks rafmed, thanks sula...thank you all. Now for the next one
Old 06-21-2002, 11:31 AM   #58
Refugee

i have to watch this match! i am glad that i didn't forget to set my vcr, it sounds like a great match with a happy ending.

i will provide more comments after i watch the match, in the mean time, i have a final exam to take. c u guys later!

Yaaayyy!Brazil!
Old 06-21-2002, 12:05 PM   #59
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by brettig

Every time a goalkeeper is beaten by a shot from that distance, is the goalkeeper fault, period.

For those that believed no one could be a best goalkeeper than Friedl, meet Herr Oliver Kahn.

About Kasey Keller he is usually as good as Friedl, but he had a bad season in Europe this year, Friedl is the best USA have.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:15 PM   #60
Refugee

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Congratulations to Brazil, they really dominated England in the 2nd half.

Ronaldinho didn't deserve the red card, but Rivaldo definitely deserved a red card, a lifetime ban from all international competition and the cancellation of his Screen Actors Guild license. Especially humorous was the time he got brushed in the face and fell to the ground, rolling around and screaming in pain, one hand covering his face and the other hand making the card motion.
I would like to comment on this. I´ve seen no word on Brazilian midia questioning the referee´s decision to send Ronaldinho off. It was a bad move, he did played dangerously, he could have broken his oponent´s leg. Too bad we won´t have him in the next match due to his red card.

As for Rivaldo´s acting...every time I read comments on this I think we indeed live in different worlds, LOL...come on guys, it´s malandragem, that´s all, it doesn´t hurt anyone, does it? Surely it didn´t harm England at least. If he deserves an award for best actor in field the golden boy Beckham deserves an award for best diver in field, don´t you think?

VAMOS LÁ BRASIL! RUMO AO PENTA!