England Touring Pakistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, talk about a shaky start :yikes:

Thank God for Marcus :bow:

I'm still riding high on them winning the Ashes. This was a bit of a wake up call.

England are currently cleaning up the least desireable colonies from worst up. Now that Australia has been dealt with, we take a giant leap up to the terriorist harbouring national hotel that is Pakistain. :D

For some reason a lot of pundits are expecting England to struggle here, but I don't quite understand. In my mind England are the best test team in the world at the moment, and really have only one weakness - the lack of a quality spinner. They can cover it up nicely in England but on the dustbowls of Karachi this is a different story... but I still think they will overcome this and win the series (or at worst draw).

I also would like to send up a few thoughts for their safety in Pakistain, as I know of the terrible experiences some touring countries have been put through there in the past few years. :sad:

damnit. I wish you were still in Britain, then you'd actually have a clue what the hell i'm going on about.

I've only just realised you have no clue what the fuck i'm referring to.

:angry:

now that i've adequately embarassed myself, I will leave you cricketers in peace.

^:angry: not a loser

beau2ifulday said:
damnit. I wish you were still in Britain, then you'd actually have a clue what the hell i'm going on about.

I've only just realised you have no clue what the fuck i'm referring to.

:angry:

now that i've adequately embarassed myself, I will leave you cricketers in peace.

sorry :reject:

I wish I was there too:wink:

go-at

(can I just point out the beauty of these cricket threads is that the mods no nothing about the game, so we can pretty much deviate off topic as much as the thread starter allows, and we can tell them its all part of the sport)

Collingwood was an idiot to say that England will whitewash Pakistan, considering what Glenn McGrath was saying before the Ashes.

That said, I don't think he's far off. I don't think it'll be a whitewash, but I'm looking at a 2-0 series win.

Hell I thought the England first innings were poor; the second is worse! 39-6 at the mo.

The only comfort was the PCB first innings were somehow even worse than England's. Not the way they want to start the Tour; then again, this match doesn't have first class status and there's no continuity between the innings but still.

timothius said:
go-at

(can I just point out the beauty of these cricket threads is that the mods no nothing about the game, so we can pretty much deviate off topic as much as the thread starter allows, and we can tell them its all part of the sport)

:lmao:

Hey Tim, tell me all you know about Neil Finn. :wink:

By the way, you win for the 'bo-gan' comment. :lol:

England solve the problem of their middle order batting collapses!

Unfortunately, their top order has to collapse first for that to happen:

England XI 2nd innings R M B 4 6
ME Trescothick lbw b Mohammad Asif 1 20 9 0 0
AJ Strauss c Amin-ur-Rehman b Shahid Nazir 56 130 98 7 0
*MP Vaughan retired hurt 0 6 1 0 0
KP Pietersen lbw b Mohammad Asif 0 3 1 0 0
PD Collingwood c Shahid Nazir b Mansoor Amjad 61 100 70 6 4
A Flintoff c Shahid Nazir b Mansoor Amjad 28 28 19 4 2
+GO Jones c Amin-ur-Rehman b Mansoor Amjad 30 89 63 4 0
AF Giles c Shahid Nazir b Mohammad Asif 49 112 83 9 0
SD Udal c Faisal Athar b Mansoor Amjad 12 14 19 2 0
MJ Hoggard b Mansoor Amjad 3 7 8 0 0
SJ Harmison not out 9 0 11 1 0
Extras (b 4, lb 1, w 2) 7
Total (all out, 63.4 overs) 256

FoW: 1-4 (Trescothick), 2-10 (Pietersen), 3-123 (Strauss),
4-123 (Collingwood), 5-154 (Flintoff), 6-212 (Jones),
7-226 (Udal), 8-230 (Hoggard), 9-256 (Giles).

OK that's a bit unfair to Andy Strauss and Vaughan's injured of course so it's not a bad score at all but you kinda expect Trescothick and Pietersen to have more than a single between them.

Last edited:
One wicket left. Good bowling performance from England, but they've got to capitalise on it.

Incidentally the BBC is not providing any live commentary (except for some irritating 'updates' from Five Live) and there's no television coverage of this here, so I'm relying on cricinfo's text commentary. :angry:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Incidentally the BBC is not providing any live commentary (except for some irritating 'updates' from Five Live) and there's no television coverage of this here, so I'm relying on cricinfo's text commentary. :angry:

i'm just getting the bbcs update system, I want radio :angry:

Pakistan all out for 274

Back
Top Bottom