England in India

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the rockin edge

Blue Crack Addict
the 1st tour match started today :hyper:

tresco & plunkett are both out because of sickness, i hope that's not a sign of things to come

i'm really hoping we don't lose this series :fingerscrossed: good to see simon jones back from injury :up:

It'll be difficult because of the conditions and because India are playing at home. The pitches are tailor-made for guys like Harbhajan and Kumble so the absence of Giles is a worry but perhaps Panesar will grab his chance with both hands.

I'm not confident for England's chances but who knows?

Vaughan and Trescothick definitely out of the first Test, which means Flintoff will get the captaincy.

Yuvraj is out for India, which is defintely a blow, but they haven't got the problems England have.

And may I just say I find all the Gangu-love a bit perplexing. He's only posted moderate scores in Pakistan and he destabilises the team because quite frankly he's nothing but a prima donna.

I guess I shouldn't complain 'cos it must be easier for me to keep up with the cricket in the UK than you in the States! Still at least you've got MLB as a replacement :wink:

that ball was fantastic, simply fantastic :bow:

sure he could be a future superstar...he could yet be the star of the series:wink: Cook can also be a future star :up:

yertle, where are you getting the video clips from?

I know that I shouldn't complain but the decision to give Pieterson not out was a terrible one. He was out by a mile!

Crazy draw. India really going for the win, with Pathan coming in ahead of Tendulkar and Harbhajan ahead of Laxman. Entertaining, to say the least.

Apparently Jones and Trescothick are going to miss the rest of the series, with Vaughan, and Pietersen's doubtful of course. Cook and Panesar looked excellent (Blackwell seemed OK) but it's a three Test series after all so they'll have to keep up their consistency.

And so has, ominously for England, Yuvraj Singh. He's just about India's best batsman at the moment and I see him replacing either Sehwag or Laxman in the XI, and he's going to provide a much bigger threat than either of those two.

Back
Top Bottom