England/Brazil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, back open...and I'm sorry it was closed during the game. Feel free to discuss here, if you still want to. My apologies again, and thanks to the individual who sent me clarification.

I had to work during the game so didn't see it. Was Beckham really as good as everyone is making out? Good cross for the goal. How did Owen go on?

We need both Beckham and Owen.

I won £24 on the match as well. Would have been £40 had Brazil not equalised.

Yeah, I thought Beckham was brilliant, he opened up a few chances and played better than I thought he would. I reckon it was a good decision to let him play, he plays that position better than anyone else.

I thought it was bloody typical Brazil scored in the 92nd minute, they snatched away our victory :wink: Although we seemed to lack imagination, I think we were good enough to win :shrug: But then again, I'm biased.

beckham was good and gave a typical beckham display but as a whole the team were poor. Barely created any proper chances and brazil didn't really get out of first gear. Hopefully brazils equaliser is one step closer to mclaren getting the boot.

I couldn't watch the match. It was on satellite pay per view and it was VERY expensive, so I thought bugger that.

Judging from the responses in this thread, it's probably just as well I didn't waste any money on it. Saw the goal on YouTube and that was enough. Wonderful cross from Beckham and Terry made no mistake on the header. It's a pity they couldn't hold on to the lead, although it's not entirely surprising.

Back
Top Bottom