Endzone Celebrations - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What do you think of NFL Touchdown Celebrations?
Love 'em. They add to the entertainment value of the game. 10 55.56%
Like them, but they're begining to go too far. 2 11.11%
Indifferent. 1 5.56%
A little team celebrating is fine, but don't draw attention to yourself. 3 16.67%
Just hand the damn ball to the ref and jog to the sideline, damn it! 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2003, 08:03 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:41 AM
One thing I find worse than any end zone celebration is when some idiot receiver makes a 6 yard catch for a first down and gets up and makes the first down signal. Just get back to the huddle dude. Unless that first down iced your team running out the clock, it isn't worthy of a celebration. And usually the guy who does it is on the team thats losing, making the display that much more egregious. (I needed to throw a big word in to sound really passionate about the issue).

Old 12-16-2003, 08:07 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

i dont know, if its 3rd or 4th down, you need a 1st down to keep a crucial drive alive, i like the first down signal, because it was a big play

if its like the first 1st down of the game, then yeah, i agree with you

thats probably because ricky proehl used to do it a lot and i really like that guy

did anybody see dan patricks interview of joe horn? joe horn apparently had an interview last year where he said he'd never do what terrel owens did (referring to the sharpie incident) and dp called him out on it, it was pretty funny

Old 12-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #18
Refugee

I hate the 'move the chains' motions But I love the Lambeau leap and stuff like that. It gives the game flavor.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:05 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
did anybody see dan patricks interview of joe horn? joe horn apparently had an interview last year where he said he'd never do what terrel owens did (referring to the sharpie incident) and dp called him out on it, it was pretty funny
Yeah, I saw it. It was pretty good. I wanted to choke the other guy at the desk with dp though. (Irvin?) That guy is kind of a jag. He just loved seeing himself doing endzone dances, which were sort of pathetic. He did a dance for being tackled a few yards out.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

I HATE Michael Irvin! Grrrr Yes, his dances were stupid, and he was terrible for taunting the defensive players and thumbing the ball in their faces. I also hated his exaggerated first down motions, and his arrogance was unbearable, especially considering he pushed off on almost every play and got away with it. They have tougher rules on that now, well there always were some rules on it, but in the 90's the Cowboys were immune from such things Once they started to suck, they got the penalties again. I honestly believe the league wanted them to win, and I also believe they wouldn' t have had so much success in the 90's without the calls. I had a friend who was an Eagles fan who swore the games were all rigged. Who knows.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:30 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

why all the hate towards the playmaker?
Old 12-16-2003, 02:02 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I thought I already explained why, that's a lot of reasons. He was an arrogant ass, he 'made' plays by pushing off which anyone else would have been penalized for, he was obnixious, annoying, and he pissed me off. I have always hated Dallas in general, but especially him.

He also allegedly raped and videotaped underage girls at gunpoint.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

woah woah woah ... being a giants fan, i understand your hatred of all things related to "america's team"... but that last bit is a load of crap. the woman who accused irvin and erik williams of rape at gunpoint not only admited she made the entire story up, but she served time for making false accusations.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:39 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Okay Headache, I don't want to false accuse anyone, I just remember hearing that. I don't like girls who make up stories on guys to get money and fame, and I think that Kobe girl might be doing that or at least twisting the truth.

But I do hate Irvin, he has to be the most hated player of all time for me. It made it worse he was a Cowboy. I have hated Dallas ever since I was a little kid when they had Drew Pearson and Staubach. I like the Giants too, and the Redskins, 49ers, Vikings, and Eagles in the NFC, so yeah, Dallas has been a bad guy to me. Nothing in the world of sports makes me happier than to see them get their butts kicked, and any team that does so is my hero. They are the only team I really hate and find it impossible to cheer for under any circumstances.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:35 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

i happen to think it would be pretty hard to get the girl's blood on the inside of kobe's shirt buuuuuuuuut i'll leave that for the courts and ultimately god to decide.

and i think this cowboys problem is something we need to discuss... you seem very angry, like you might lash out and club bill parcells in the knee with a crowbar or somethin'

i will say one thing about dem cowboys... they've been the only franchise to have the balls to step up to one of these guys who go overboard in the celebrations and taunt the entire team...

i will forever give george teague props for this one...
Old 12-17-2003, 09:56 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

1. I don't know about any blood on the shirt, but that still doesn't prove she didn't originally 'want it' or set him up to get money. But I won't comment since I don't really know.

2. I do hate Parcells now, after having been a Giant, he's a traitor for going over to their enemy. I have heard other people I know say this. It's just an unwritten rule you just don't break. But, I'm harldy going to go run off and stalk the guy. Hell, I have 3 little kids, 4 cats, a lazy, helpless husband, a mother with a broken leg, and a car that wouldn't make it 100 miles without breaking down. Oh, and no money.

3.As far as the pushing pic, I can't tell if that's Owens or not, but Teague is just pissed like a baby that he was beaten, and that it wasn't a Cowboy who got to do something arrogant and in your face. He wasn't making a statement against end zone celebrations, he was jealous and had a bad temper.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:19 AM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

bulldinky... the ultimate symbol of the dallas cowboys and their entire history is that star. TO, upon scoring a touchdown, ran to mid-field... MIDFIELD... and struck almost a Jesus pose right in the middle of the star. TO's sharpie thing wasn't showing anyone up... the pom-pom thing isn't showing anyone up... but running to the 50 yard line and glorifying yourself in someone else's stadium right where everyone can see IS showing up not only the opposing team but also their fans. Teague took offense to it and nailed TO. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on a sports field. See... the main reason I don't mind these touchdown celebrations is because it baisicly seems like the teams that get scored on don't mind. If someone on the Giants really had a problem with Horn's cell phone antics, they would have done something about it ON the field, not to a reporter in the locker room afterwords. That's why i like baseball... a guy takes an extra long time at homeplate after hitting a homerun, more likely than not he's gonna get plugged with a fastball his next time at bat. This is baisicly what Teague did... he felt Owens was showing him up... which he was doing... and he nailed him.

as for parcells... he showed his true colors after leaving new england for an inter-divisional rival who just happens to be a rival of the team he won super bowls with, the giants... anything he would do doesn't surprise me at this point. great coach, but loyalty to former teams is not something he's known for.

and the stalking thing... um... that was trying to be a little joke... was just trying to bring some levity to the situation... after all, this is a discussion about grown men using pom poms... there's no need or reason to get angry over it... woooo sa
Old 12-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

I can understand his rage, but being a huge 49er lover and Dallas hater, and a hater of that damn star, I loved it! But, it was very uncharacteristic arrogance for a 49er. They have been historical humble, even throughout their glory days. Many players, when speaking to the press, would say 'we' over a good play instead of 'I.' As great as Jerry Rice was, in his prime the best ever to play the game, he was never arrogant. Bill Walsh never allowed it ,and it became the team's personality, greatness with humility. That's why most people never hated them, even if they weren't fans, even at their greatest moments, and that is why so many people DO hate the Cowboys, the trash talking, arrogance and dissing of other players and teams. You know I don't even remember which SB it was, but one, after the win when the President called, he told the coach that no one begrudged them their success as they did other teams because they weren't asses about it. Eddie De Bartolo was a classy owner, and it's a shame how his sister stiffed him out of the team. They haven't been the same since. Owens is a bit too arrogant, but having been chased home from school and beaten up almost daily as a kid, he must be relishing his life in the spotlight.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:53 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:41 AM

Seeing TO on that Star still gives me much pleasure. I don't know why I hate the cowboys so much. I think it might be b/c a lot of the Cowboy fans I know are also Laker fans.

Anyway, I hate watching SportsCenter when Irvin is all wound up. He's ignorant and totally obnoxious. grrr.

As a Bears fan, we don't get to see to many endzone celebrations as of late. Hopefully with Rex Grossman we will get to see some.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:19 AM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Obviously, the networks love these antics. Just watch the highlights on CBS or FOX at halftime. Every play is followed by its prefabricated "look at me" dance. It's sickening to think how many more great plays could be shown by not wasting time on that horseshit.

This is a big reason why I like the college game better. More excitement w/out the dancing.