End of Earth, Michigan Superthread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2008, 04:20 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:51 PM
So, what made you decide to hold off on the booze for a while?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #47
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Problem is, I have to skedaddle up to the shop in a minute, and I'm also half working on something in Photoshop.

I'm gonna have to whore like a mad fucker for a while.
At the moment, you're this thread's top poster. Shop? Pfft. Just have no life, glue yourself to the computer, and postwhore it up.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Jen, you should check out the Lovetown thread on Pleba.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That's not the way I see it at all. I'm paying for goods or services. The wages are of absolutely no consequence to me; that is an issue between employer and employee (and the government to regulate wages for fairness), and as I'm not the employer, employee, or a government representative, it's none of my concern. The display price is what I pay. I find the concept of tipping frankly to be offensive; the employer is too slack to properly pay their employee, so they expect me to do it for them? Fuck off.

The only reason I let my friends tip for me is because they made me aware that over your way, restaurant staff get paid appallingly. I just handed them my wallet and let them sort it out.

As for an incentive for good service, I did not find the service I received at any establishment in the US to be any better or worse than service I receive in Australia and New Zealand. And, well, if you need an extra incentive to simply do your job properly, then perhaps the job's not for you and you should just quit.
exactly - they are paid appallingly, but it's the system, and not between employer and employee as one could not actually viably raise wages. so like i said, you as a customer are paying staff wages, it just is different as to how. it's like tax. you look at a price and you know there's a 6% tax on it or whatever. at a restaurant, you look at a price and you know there's a tip on it. it's not about individual employer slackness, but it's the way the economic structure works. get over your anti-americanness (and we're not the only place that tips) for a second and use whatever economics you have in your brain to understand this.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:26 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

i know a guy who's holding off on sex rather than booze. this would upset me if i were single, as he's been a go-to guy, but now i just find it puzzling.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So, what made you decide to hold off on the booze for a while?
INSANITY.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:33 AM   #52
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

exactly - they are paid appallingly, but it's the system, and not between employer and employee as one could not actually viably raise wages. so like i said, you as a customer are paying staff wages, it just is different as to how. it's like tax. you look at a price and you know there's a 6% tax on it or whatever. at a restaurant, you look at a price and you know there's a tip on it. it's not about individual employer slackness, but it's the way the economic structure works. get over your anti-americanness (and we're not the only place that tips) for a second and use whatever economics you have in your brain to understand this.
This has got fuck-all to do with being anti-American (which I am not). It just so happens that the only country I've visited where tipping is standard is the US; I'm well aware other countries also have the practice.

I disagree entirely with your point. I am not paying wages. As the customer, it is none of my concern. The employer pays the employee's wages out of their revenue from sales to customers. The customer should not be expected to pay any more than the displayed purchase price (which, incidentally, is enshrined in Australian and New Zealand law), whether it be taxes, tips, or any other undisclosed costs. Such an expectation is deception.

It's a shame you can't protest it simply by not tipping, since that doesn't hurt the people it should hurt, and hurts those who it shouldn't.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

This has got fuck-all to do with being anti-American (which I am not). It just so happens that the only country I've visited where tipping is standard is the US; I'm well aware other countries also have the practice.

I disagree entirely with your point. I am not paying wages. As the customer, it is none of my concern. The employer pays the employee's wages out of their revenue from sales to customers. The customer should not be expected to pay any more than the displayed purchase price (which, incidentally, is enshrined in Australian and New Zealand law), whether it be taxes, tips, or any other undisclosed costs. Such an expectation is deception.

It's a shame you can't protest it simply by not tipping, since that doesn't hurt the people it should hurt, and hurts those who it shouldn't.
but if there were no tipping, the restaurant prices would just be 15% more, so it makes no difference to me. this way i save money if the service sucks, and get to make a statement about it.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Ack, I make one post on another forum about how widespread homosexuality in Ancient Greece is a misconception and Vaz matches my postcount.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #55
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

but if there were no tipping, the restaurant prices would just be 15% more, so it makes no difference to me. this way i save money if the service sucks, and get to make a statement about it.
Wow, there's actually a 15% standard? What a pain in the arse that must be to calculate. And I'd rather that the printed price be exactly what I pay. If the service is shit, the simple solution is just to walk out without paying. My family and others I know have done that, or complained to the manager and received courses or drinks for free.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #56
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ack, I make one post on another forum about how widespread homosexuality in Ancient Greece is a misconception and Vaz matches my postcount.
And with this post, I'm level with the two of you as well. You're slackening off, Bonnie!

Actually, I should go cook dinner; I'm starving.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #57
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 07:21 PM
hey all
Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

hey cin
Old 05-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

And with this post, I'm level with the two of you as well. You're slackening off, Bonnie!

Actually, I should go cook dinner; I'm starving.
Don't worry, all other windows are closed now.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

What's up, Cin?

Tags
superthread