End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Wow. I'm surprised. They've had a few semi-hit singles. I guess I could upload it at some point if you'd like to try it out. I mean, I know you're busy and have far too much music to listen to to generally be bothered, but Sparta's really fucking good.

Include it in your MP3 exchange playlist and I'd be more than happy to give it a go.

And, for the record, it's not that I'm too busy, it's just that, like Pfan, I have a queue of about 800 albums that I still need to tackle. :lol:

LemonMelon said:

Include it in your MP3 exchange playlist and I'd be more than happy to give it a go.

And, for the record, it's not that I'm too busy, it's just that, like Pfan, I have a queue of about 800 albums that I still need to tackle. :lol:

Hahaha, me too. I'm listening to my own music as I rip it into my computer and I'm less than halfway finished ripping all my cds (and I got my computer in October--yeah, I have a lot of cds). But yeah, actually, that's not a bad idea. I only have one of their albums, so it'd be easy to choose like 3 songs.

so i think i'll use: split enz, sparks, and japan and/or david sylvian. (he was in japan so i kind of look at them as one entity even though his solo stuff is totally different.)

artists i considered but ruled out: duran duran, depeche mode, inxs, crowded house... these are all too popular. i'm sure everyone's already heard their hits :shrug:

Gosling was my favourite band fro 3 years. Starflyer dethroned them last summer (when I found out that Gosling was deactivating as a band).

KhanadaRhodes said:
so i think i'll use: split enz, sparks, and japan and/or david sylvian. (he was in japan so i kind of look at them as one entity even though his solo stuff is totally different.)

artists i considered but ruled out: duran duran, depeche mode, inxs, crowded house... these are all too popular. i'm sure everyone's already heard their hits :shrug:

I know a couple INXS songs (like two) and one Crowded House song off the top of my head. But I'm not really familiar at all with Duran Duran or Depeche Mode.

granted, i could use b-sides and album tracks for those bands, but i just feel like with 80 minutes, i should limit myself to bands that people haven't heard of or are only familiar with my using them in desert island lists.

maybe if there was a second disc i'd use some of those people, but to be honest? i'd probably just use four artists, and include more songs by each. for split enz, they only put out nine studio albums, but each one sounds totally different than the one before.

sparks has something like thirty albums, so i could easily fill up a disc with just them and not even use one from each album.

the tourist said:
I know a couple INXS songs (like two) and one Crowded House song off the top of my head. But I'm not really familiar at all with Duran Duran or Depeche Mode.
damn. and here i thought everyone would be familiar with them.

and wtf...you've never heard of rio? is there something i should know? hungry like the wolf? the reflex? a view to a kill?

or for depeche mode...everything counts? just can't get enough? enjoy the silence? people are people? personal jesus? precious?

KhanadaRhodes said:

damn. and here i thought everyone would be familiar with them.

and wtf...you've never heard of rio? is there something i should know? hungry like the wolf? the reflex? a view to a kill?

or for depeche mode...everything counts? just can't get enough? enjoy the silence? people are people? personal jesus? precious?

Hungry Like the Wolf rings a bell. But that's just the title, I think. I have no memory of the song. :shrug: I'm pretty well-listened, but not as much as people think. I know tons of obscure stuff, though. Obscure, but amazing. :lol: Khan, go listen to the Starflyer song from my list and tell me if you like it.

the tourist said:
Hungry Like the Wolf rings a bell. But that's just the title, I think. I have no memory of the song. :shrug: I'm pretty well-listened, but not as much as people think. I know tons of obscure stuff, though. Obscure, but amazing. :lol: Khan, go listen to the Starflyer song from my list and tell me if you like it.
aight.

It's my favourite of their stuff, and is of their third iteration of sound.

KhanadaRhodes said:
that was a good song.

And that's only one of their sounds. They have a slower surf sound and then a super shoegazy sound like My Bloody Valentine, only with better production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom