End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

You really wouldn't have the courage to ask a girl out?

Hell no.

Not that it's currently an issue, since I've no bloody clue who I'd ask out.

Axver said:

Hell no.

Not that it's currently an issue, since I've no bloody clue who I'd ask out.

That's my problem. There's no one around me to ask out. But I totally would if I had the opportunity to ask out someone that I was really attracted to.

Screwtape2 said:

You are home schooled, right? I could see how that was tough to meet girls.

Yeah, you've got it. I've been kissed before and all that, but it's slim pickings these days. :lol:

LemonMelon said:

That's my problem. There's no one around me to ask out. But I totally would if I had the opportunity to ask out someone that I was really attracted to.

For me, making friends is the important part. With Kate and I, our relationship was a natural progression of a very close friendship. If I end up with someone again, I expect the same thing will happen.

I'd like to think I have the guts now, over halfway through my 20's :yikes: to ask a guy out.. but I don't know.

I have the usual lack of confidence issues, and the guys I have gone out with haven't exactly been the cream of the crop.

So I guess that would make me cautious or something, right?

Screwtape2 said:
I thinking right now of Access Denied. :wink:
Access to the girl's naughty bits? :giggle:

Also, as far as asking people out goes. Yeah, it takes courage, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do it. Remember this quote from the great sage Stephen King: "All they can do is say no, they can't kill you and eat you." Rejection hurts, but it's not the end of the world. You do get over it.

I've personally found it's harder to be on the other end. Having to reject somebody hurts, especially if you like them as a person/as a friend, just not in that way. Then you feel horrible for having to tell them no.

Screwtape2 said:

Aaaaaccess denied/All of the smarter kids, they stay inside/But out in the pouring rain/You're kicking me with that look of sheer disdain ...

/PT fanlad

Axver said:

For me, making friends is the important part. With Kate and I, our relationship was a natural progression of a very close friendship. If I end up with someone again, I expect the same thing will happen.

:up: That's a good attitude. I have the same one...and a ton of female friends to prove it. No girlfriend or love interest though. :eeklaugh:

I've girls I like and girls that like me, just a series of unfortunate events, mishaps by me, uncontrollable circumstances, missed opportunities, bad luck.

Oh, it's quite the tale.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I've personally found it's harder to be on the other end. Having to reject somebody hurts, especially if you like them as a person/as a friend, just not in that way. Then you feel horrible for having to tell them no.

This is a big thing for me. As much as rejection would suck, I'm more concerned about putting somebody who I obviously care deeply about in a very awkward spot. I wouldn't like it if I were in that spot, so why put others in it, you know?

Screwtape2 said:

I'd title it one of these:

What the Hell Is Going On?
Anticipation
Nerves
Tits
What Is Love? Baby, Don't Hurt Me, Don't Hurt Me Bah Bah Bah Bah Duh Duh Dum

phillyfan26 said:
I've girls I like and girls that like me, just a series of unfortunate events, mishaps by me, uncontrollable circumstances, missed opportunities, bad luck.

Oh, it's quite the tale.

Make a concept album and a movie to go with it.

Axver said:

This is a big thing for me. As much as rejection would suck, I'm more concerned about putting somebody who I obviously care deeply about in a very awkward spot. I wouldn't like it if I were in that spot, so why put others in it, you know?

Yeah. I can't imagine what that would feel like. I have only been asked out once. The girl was nice but I had my first crush on a different girl.

LemonMelon said:
To get some groupies and blow? I dunno. :wink:

I've had a lot of ideas lately, few of which have been formulated into complete songs, though.

I finished an earlier song called The Breakout recently, and I really like the chord riff I have going.

phillyfan26 said:

I've had a lot of ideas lately, few of which have been formulated into complete songs, though.

I finished an earlier song called The Breakout recently, and I really like the chord riff I have going.

For me, much like asking out a girl, songwriting is something to just go for and not get cerebral about. I find I start to hate my own work if I think about it too much. I have no clue how U2 can hang around in the studio with the same material for that long. It boggles the mind.

LemonMelon said:

For me, much like asking out a girl, songwriting is something to just go for and not get cerebral about. I find I start to hate my own work if I think about it too much. I have no clue how U2 can hang around in the studio with the same material for that long. It boggles the mind.

It's something I want to at least get on paper, but I seem to be having trouble even getting started. It's frustrating.

LemonMelon said:

I think your music would benefit from more thinking. I don't mean this in a bad way but your music sort of comes out very raw. I think if you did more orchestration and less going for it you would make more memorable music.

phillyfan26 said:

It's something I want to at least get on paper, but I seem to be having trouble even getting started. It's frustrating.

Like I said man, just fucking do it. Even if it's awful. You'd be surprised what you come up with while you work. The worst thing you can possibly do is put off what you're doing because it wasn't easy the first time. Believe me, I would know. Songs tend to come out of thin air, but they come more quickly while doing musical things.

Screwtape2 said:

I think your music would benefit from more thinking. I don't mean this in a bad way but your music sort of comes out very raw. I think if you did more orchestration and less going for it you would make more memorable music.

Well, it took me 8 months to make this newest album that you haven't heard yet, so maybe you'll change your mind when I upload it this summer. :) I did add orchestration onto this one, actually. A number of tracks contain pianos and strings, and the production is much better. Plus it's in a rock opera format.

But, again, even with all that planning, I still don't condone spending your days staring at your notebook instead of writing in it. We all work differently, but I find a kinetic approach is the best for me. :up:

LemonMelon said:

Well, it took me 8 months to make this newest album that you haven't heard yet, so maybe you'll change your mind when I upload it this summer. :) I did add orchestration onto this one, actually. A number of tracks contain pianos and strings, and the production is much better. Plus it's in a rock opera format.

But, again, even with all that planning, I still don't condone spending your days staring at your notebook instead of writing in it. We all work differently, but I find a kinetic approach is the best for me. :up:

I look forward to it. :up:

I think jamming or free writing is important in all art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom