End of Earth, Michigan Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #391
The Male

Local Time: 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I'll extend the length to two CDs but no further. Remember this is a taste or small introduction into an artist. You are not making full mix tapes for each artist. If you want to make on CD of Starflyer fine but then you only have one more CD worth for the rest of your artists.
No, don't bend on this issue. The original idea is fine.

Now.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

For fuck's sake. I'm starting to think this whole idea is just turning into a competition. People who are doing the mp3 version of the cd exchange don't want new music. They want rules.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
I never knew there was a limit to giving out free music.
There is no limit if someone asks you for more. I don't want to overwhelm people with too much music that they have to listen to. You want people to listen, right? Limit it to one to two CDs so more people will listen.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

No, don't bend on this issue. The original idea is fine.
Okay. I think it will allow more people a chance to listen.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #395
The Male

Quote:
For fuck's sake. I'm starting to think this whole idea is just turning into a competition. People who are doing the mp3 version of the cd exchange don't want new music. They want rules.
And you're acting like a 3 year-old who's been given a timeout. Have you not listened to any of the reasons Screwtape has given for the existence of these rules, or are you just crying foul for the sake of it?

Now.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It's still based on the idea of a CD swap, just a budget one - that means there's 80 minutes. I think if you go a few minutes over it's no big deal, but like Screwtape said here and I said in the b+c thread, from a listener's perspective, i only have so much time and I want to hear what everyone else has put on theirs.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

And you're acting like a 3 year-old who's been given a timeout. Have you not listened to any of the reasons Screwtape has given for the existence of these rules, or are you just crying foul for the sake of it?
Coming from someone who could hardly be bothered to listening to the DI lists, this doesn't come as much of a shock.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

i kinda wanna start an IQ thread on "U2 in 5 songs" because I think that's actually an interesting topic of discussion for once: how would you narrow U2's catalogue down into 5 songs that represent them best as a band, through the ages?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #399
Blue Crack Supplier

Afternoon.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #400
The Male

Quote:

Coming from someone who could hardly be bothered to listening to the DI lists, this doesn't come as much of a shock.
Damn straight. I'm not a busy man, but I don't have the attention span for that much music. Sometimes, less music makes for a much greater impact.

Now.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Damn straight. I'm not a busy man, but I don't have the attention span for that much music. Sometimes, less music makes for a much greater impact.
I'm not intending to whine. I'm intending to buck "rules," as I think rules on an entire concept like this is entirely silly. As we're not actually doing cds, and Screwtape said compromised with 2, and you were firm on 1, how about 100 minutes? It's closer to you than to him.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #402
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:22 AM
the way i look at it is this: if someone wants to upload more, fine. but since there's no competition involved, it's not like anyone's forced to download or even listen to everyone's mixes.

if i see someone uploads two cds, or even one cd of screamo music, i can choose to skip and move on. whereas with desert island, i HAD to download and listen, because otherwise it'd be unfair for me to vote in any rounds that person was involved in.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #403
The Male

Quote:

I'm not intending to whine. I'm intending to buck "rules," as I think rules on an entire concept like this is entirely silly. As we're not actually doing cds, and Screwtape said compromised with 2, and you were firm on 1, how about 100 minutes? It's closer to you than to him.
It's not up to me. If Screwy wants to bend, he will. I just liked the original idea of having a solid sampler of songs to work through, but I know it's inconvenient for those putting the playlist together...

Now.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #404
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:22 AM
but i think there should be limits; i wouldn't want to be objected to 10 cds' worth of material or something just from one poster.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
the way i look at it is this: if someone wants to upload more, fine. but since there's no competition involved, it's not like anyone's forced to download or even listen to everyone's mixes.

if i see someone uploads two cds, or even one cd of screamo music, i can choose to skip and move on. whereas with desert island, i HAD to download and listen, because otherwise it'd be unfair for me to vote in any rounds that person was involved in.
You see, this is where I was coming from the whole time. If Axver uploads a bunch of death metal, I'd just choose not to listen to it. Or if someone uploaded a bunch of rap, or country, etc.

Tags
superthread