End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, Bowie's not made an album in five years, unfortunately.

Magic is a good album. Gypsy Biker and Long Walk Home are my two favorite tracks.

i will check it out, maybe some time tonight. for now i think i have to go into a food coma for a bit. why do i always overeat around good food? WHY?

Varitek said:
does he do solo work? i couldn't find any on my network

Yes, and it's much better than his RHCP stuff, IMO.

Shadows Collide with People is the album I recommend. It's on Amazon and iTunes.

That's another one I want to send out if I find a good MP3 converter.

oh while khan is here...earlier today i accidentally made a comment in the survivor thread intended for here, then got a phone call and when i was done couldnt edit it. would you take it away?

phillyfan26 said:

Yes, and it's much better than his RHCP stuff, IMO.

Shadows Collide with People is the album I recommend. It's on Amazon and iTunes.

That's another one I want to send out if I find a good MP3 converter.

let me know when you send it out - i don't buy stuff unless i know i'll like it (aka u2 or i've heard it before) and i am not the biggest fan of rhcp, they're ok.

Varitek said:

let me know when you send it out - i don't buy stuff unless i know i'll like it (aka u2 or i've heard it before) and i am not the biggest fan of rhcp, they're ok.

I think every problem with RHCP is related to the singer, Anthony Kiedis. Not a good vocalist, and horrible lyricist. I think their instrumentation is what saves them. Frusciante's arguably my favorite guitarist.

Varitek said:

i forget, something struck me as condescending BEFORE that whole blowup, and i commented on it...but not here! oops.

That wasn't condescending. Knowing her, she's very earnest with things like that. Desperately doesn't want to offend anyone, wants to be on everyone's good sides. Always has good intentions.

As for the rest of them, though...

phillyfan26 said:

I think every problem with RHCP is related to the singer, Anthony Kiedis. Not a good vocalist, and horrible lyricist. I think their instrumentation is what saves them. Frusciante's arguably my favorite guitarist.

i agree with the stuff about lyrics and singing. there are several bands i'd like better if they ditched their vocals, including owen (which will be on my cd swap)

Wet Sand is a great RHCP track, probably my favorite. Dosed, I Could Have Lied, and Desecration Smile are also good.

phillyfan26 said:

That wasn't condescending. Knowing her, she's very earnest with things like that. Desperately doesn't want to offend anyone, wants to be on everyone's good sides. Always has good intentions.

As for the rest of them, though...

ah well. i feel especially bad then, and i really hope it isn't noticed before KHAN PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY!!!

phillyfan26 said:
Wet Sand is a great RHCP track, probably my favorite. Dosed, I Could Have Lied, and Desecration Smile are also good.

Wet Sand is the best song from Stadium Arcadium. It was a last minute subtraction from my playlist due to time constraints.

khan! i made a post in iq on page 1 of survivor round 7 about condescension. it was intended for this thread. then i got a phonecall and didn't realize i'd posted to the wrong thread until it was too late to edit. help me please! take it away!

phanan said:

Wet Sand is the best song from Stadium Arcadium. It was a last minute subtraction from my playlist due to time constraints.

Agreed. I wanted to fit it in, but Under the Bridge was better thematically and flowed very well into Ten Years Gone, despite its cliched nature among RHCP tracks.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'm not really allowed to delete posts, sometimes if they're made like a minute ago i can get away with it, but i'd probably get in trouble if i deleted that.

can you just edit it so it is a double post of whatever else i said in the thread or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom