End of Earth, Michigan Superthread - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #331
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
I never use V/Line anymore, and all I know about it is that they spent a crapload of money reducing most of the Bendigo line to ONE TRACK ONLY and kept claiming they could run MORE services on it. WTF?!
Well, in theory, they can, since the tracks have been upgraded substantially so that the trains can run a good deal faster.

Of course, the problem here is that it becomes highly dependent on the trains keeping to their timetables and crossing services going the other way at stations with crossing loops. One delay fucks up the whole thing. So, yeah, singling the line is pretty daft and hopefully it will be re-duplicated in the near future.

Quote:
All I hear about the privatised Met train system is laughable.

Also, get back to work.
I think Connex has an undeserved bad reputation. Yes, they make mistakes and their PR is often woefully inadequate, but Melbourne's commuter network is frankly the best in the Southern Hemisphere, challenged only by Sydney, and many of the problems people ascribe to Connex are the fault of the Department of Infrastructure. Connex just runs the trains. Services would be better and cancellations less frequent if the government would fork out the money to buy more trains. But I think the government's quite happy with Connex getting slagged off left, right, and centre, because it means there's less pressure on it to act.

And why leave when you've got me talking trains?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #332
Blue Crack Supplier

Don't blame me for your total inability to resist a train-related converastion

I'm going to try to get some sleep, in my cold bed. RIP electric blanket... again. I really must stop buying the cheap-arsed ones in Target...

Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #333
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Don't blame me for your total inability to resist a train-related converastion

I'm going to try to get some sleep, in my cold bed. RIP electric blanket... again. I really must stop buying the cheap-arsed ones in Target...

You're the one who responded to a train-based post that I expected would get no replies! It's all your fault!

And I'd feel sympathy for you, but ... I spent all of last winter without an electric blanket and I don't think I'll get one this winter either. Though I'd like one. Hmm.

Well, in any case, have a good night!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Time to wrap up Desert Island IV this week...
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #335
Vocal parasite

Wow, is it already that close to finishing?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Yep, I'm about to launch the four quarterfinal matches.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #337
Vocal parasite

Huh, that shot by.

I still can't believe I actually won a round, despite having a much less accessible or widely enjoyed list than in DI III!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

You even came in third in your group.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #339
Vocal parasite

Holy shit, really?

Had I won rather than tied against Lance, would have that been enough to push me to second place?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

No, you still would have been a point behind Lara Mullen.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #341
Vocal parasite

Ah, OK.

Just checked the table now. Wow, group 4 did prove close. Glad to see you made it through. I'm surprised LMP got through ahead of LM, despite having a worse vote differential.

Also glad to see Screwtape made it. The Screwtape vs PLA/tre match-up will surely be the closest of the quarter-finals.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

Group 4 was a battle, that's for sure.

I think the AtomicBono/LMP matchup might be close. LMP will get his usual number of votes, but I think AB might pull it out still.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #343
Vocal parasite

I'm pleased AtomicBono's tracklist is doing so well. I rather enjoyed it, but I didn't expect it to perform as well as it has. It's my third favourite, after yours and Screwtape's.

Incidentally, has Screwtape made any statement about whether or not he'll do critics' choice? If he's not doing it, I'll do it, since I don't need to be premium for that. I've found that after sitting back and watching, I miss actually being involved in the administration of the tournament. Not sure if I'll go premium before DI V, though ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

I received a few questions regarding the Critics' Choice. I wasn't sure if we'd do it this time because it seemed that Screwtape had to pull teeth just to get people involved the last time out.

Perhaps we can start a thread to gauge interest. If you and/or Screwtape want to be involved with that, that's fine. He hasn't said anything about it, as far as I know.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

what's critic's choice?

this thread has gone nowhere since i left.

neither has my paper, really. sad.

Tags
superthread